AGENDA. Our Journey
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Perspectives on RtI Response to Intervention CAI Extended Meeting
September 21, 2010
Curriculum, Assessment & Instruction Learning Network 1
2. AGENDA Our Journey – September to May
CESA 7 RtI Guidelines
3. 2010 Journey CESA 7 RtI, Differentiation and Inclusion Schedule Afternoon Sessions--1:15-2:30 p.m. 3
4. Perspectives 4
5. Local Perspectives School Psychologists
General Education Teachers
Special Education Teachers
ELL Teachers 5
6. What do you know about RtI? Create a graphic representation of RtI using words, phrases, pictures, graphics to show current understanding of RtI 6
7. Guiding Questions What do you want students to know and do?
How will you know if they’ve learned it?
What will you do if they haven’t learned it? 7
9. Road Map: A Model for Academic and Behavioral Success Who, in your school, needs to know about the Road Map?
What knowledge do you need to understand the Road Map?
How would you begin the conversations about the Road Map? 9
10. CESA 7 RtI Guidelines Purpose – to build common language around RtI
To facilitate conversations about RtI
To serve as a school/district self-assessment about RtI 10
11. Gradations More than Tiers: Gradations of Documentation & Assessment 11
12. Looking Ahead … October 19th, Manitowoc Holiday Inn, 1:15-2:30
FOCUS: Tier I – Focus on Differentiation
Resource for future sessions: Pyramid Response to Intervention: RtI, Professional Learning Communities, and How to Respond When Kids Don’t Learn, by Austin Buffum, Mike Mattos and Chris Weber, Solution Tree 2009 12