Ethical Issues in Qualitative Research. An Introduction. Why are ethical principles important? Some Famous Examples. The Tuskegee Syphilis Study. Formal apology to surviving participants in the Tuskegee Study, President Bill Clinton, the Whitehouse, 1997. Willowbrook Hepatitis Study.
Related searches for Ethical Issues in Qualitative Research
The Tuskegee Syphilis Study
Principles of Ethical Research
Respect for person
Methods for protecting human participants
Institutional review Boards
CNA CODE research process
1. Safe, competent ethical care
6. Quality Practice Environments
Codes of Research Ethics
6.CNA Code of Ethics: Comparing with Research Ethics
Comparing relationship boundaries in:
1. Professional Nursing Relationships
2 Personal Relationships
3. The Research Relationship
(Please use handout: CRRNS boundaries in Professional Relationships document (2004)
1) You want to study adolescent social interaction during the sharing of a cafeteria meal.
2) You want to study the social interaction among university students when they are preparing for the BURMAC hockey game.
Study Title research project is universal, no matter what your methods.
Purpose of the Study
Withdrawal from Participation
Costs and Reimbursements
Statement by person providing information on the study
Statement by person obtaining consent
The Informed Consent Process revisited(Described in detail using Informed Consent sample circulated in class: An Institutional Ethnography of Nurses’ Stress in PICU; McGibbon, 2004)