This Video introduces rich snippets and their use for promotional practices to get better results with search engines.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Google Search Options - A collection of tools that let you slice and dice your search results and generate different views to find what you need faster and easier. Look above the search results for a “Show options…” link.
Click on that to get a ton of useful ways to power search. Use a tool called “Wonder Wheel” to explore searches and see the results update as you click.
2. Google Squared - Type in any search and this Google Lab will try to build a useful “Square” that you can save.
3. Google SkyMap - An Android app. that lets you star gaze. With GPS, an accelerometer, and a compass, SkyMap can tell you what stars you’re pointing your phone at. You can also search for stars and the application will guide you until your phone points in the right direction.
4. Rich SnippetsGoogle Searchology 2009
Give users convenient summary information about their search results at a glance.
Google currently supports the following information types: reviews, people profiles, business listings, and events.
To display Rich Snippets, Google looks for markup formats (microformats and RDFa) that you can easily add to your own web pages.Rich Snippets
<img src="www.example.com/bobsmith.jpg" />
<p>Senior editor at ACME Reviews</p>
<p>200 Main St</p>
<p>Desertville, AZ 12345</p>
HTML marked up with additional microformats:
<img class="photo" src="www.example.com/bobsmith.jpg" />
<p><strong class="fn">Bob Smith</strong></p>
<p><span class="title">Senior editor</span> at <span class="org">ACME Reviews</span></p>
<span class="street-address">200 Main St</span><br>
<span class="locality">Desertville</span>, <span class="region">AZ</span>
</div>HTML Code with Additional Microformats Code
You can define your own custom attributes that Google index and return with your custom search results. In addition to microformats and RDFa, you can also provide custom metadata within your webpages via special markup called PageMaps.
A PageMap identifies specific attributes that are recognized and preserved by Google at index time, and returned along with search results for presentation.Enabling Rich Snippets In Custom Search Engines
You can Test your URLs on the Rich Snippets Testing Tool.
See what Google is able to extract, and preview how microformats or RDFa marked-up pages would look on Google search results.
Google Custom Search users can also use the Rich Snippets Testing Tool to test markup usable in their Custom Search engine.Testing tool.
Yahoo enables site owners to add a few lines of code to their pages that Yahoo can extract and display automatically.
With SearchMonkey, anyone can build a SearchMonkey application for any site that incluses the necessary metadata.
With SearchMonkey, Yahoo chooses which applications display for everyone, but searchers can opt-in to additional applications to customize their search experience.Comparing with Yahoo\'s SearchMonkey
The Rich Snippet can contain a summary of user reviews, range of prices, or other specific information, which is meant to give searchers convenient summary data at a glance about that Web page.
Rich Snippets increase the size and value of your listing on a SERP to show additional, user-targeted information.
You theoretically can attract more eyes, more clicks, and more conversions to your site.Rich Snippet Advantages
- Google support standard language like microformats and RDFa that represent commonly published things such as reviews, people, products, and businesses.
- Mark-up the "Contact-Us" page to help the search engines pick up the contact details and improve local business rankings.
- When optimising websites selling or promoting products and/or services, you can use microformats to markup the product title, description, brand, price, review etc, or use them to markup reviews like most shopping websites already do.
- Video microformats, and its RDFa equivalent based on the Dublin Core Meta Data Initiative. You won\'t be surprised if such initiatives start spreading for images, and think about the potential of marking up social media profiles.
Anyways, before publishing your page, you can use the rich snippet testing tool from Google.So what are the uses for SEO?
SERP - Search engine results pageGlossary of Terms