“Cigars and Cigarillos in Spain”, is an analytical report by Canadian which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Spanish market.\n
PowerPoint Slideshow about 'Cigars and Cigarillos Spain, 2016' - swarajnanda
An Image/Link below is provided (as is) to download presentation
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Spain is one of the largest markets for tobacco products in Western Europe. Sales of cigars and cigarillos are standing at almost 2300 million pieces in 2014. Per capita sales illustrate the importance of cigars and cigarillos within the wider tobacco market with a per capita consumption of more than 48 million pieces in 2014.
The market can be split into three broad segments: cigarettes, smoking tobacco, and cigar/ cigarillos. Cigarettes are by far the largest segment, accounting for around 80.2% of volumes in 2015, and their share down on previous years. However, cigar/ cigarillos share has increased in the last ten years
Consumption of smoking tobacco has slightly decreased in 2004 to 2014, down from 2,510 tons in 2004 to 6,905 tons in 2014
The arrival and popularity of filter cigarillos since 2008 helped bring an expansion in volumes since 2010 onwards. Despite this, higher prices are believed to have reduced sales in 2014
For cigar/cigarillo, the Spanish market is sub-divided into three major sectors: puros (large cigars), purities (small cigars/cigarillos) and minis (miniature cigars), where the minis have the highest market volume
In 2014, the imports level, for cigars/cigarillos, is higher than the production or the export levels
There is no specific excise tax applied to cigars and cigarillos in Spain
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning
- As consumers product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the Dutch marker is key to ensuring maximum future sales
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future