Using Your VA Benefits at Wake Technical Community College. New Student Orientation**VA Orientation Sessions are held on Wednesdays at 3:00 p.m. or Fridays at 9:00 a.m. Contact the Veterans Affairs office at 919-866-5401 or 919-866-5402 to sign up for your session. . WELCOME!!. This slide show is a brief introduction to your VA Educational Benefits program. A detailed presentation will be held when you attend the VA Orientation.The VA Office is in Room 124K of the Registrars Office in Holdi32562
2. Using Your VA Benefits at Wake Technical Community College
4. Certification Checklist
5. General Timeline Processing for new VA students takes approximately 6 – 8 weeks.
Once you register for classes, any time you add a class, drop a class or withdraw from a class, it can cause delays to future benefit distributions.
6. VA Telephone Numbers VA Regional Office in Decatur, Georgia
1-888-442-4551 or www.gibill.va.gov
VA Monthly Verification
1-877-823-2378 or www.gibill.va.gov/wave/
Direct Deposit Center for Education
7. VA Telephone Numbers (cont.) North Carolina Division of Veterans Affairs
VA Vocational Rehabilitation for Chapter 31
Wake Technical Community College VA Representatives
Regina Huggins – 919-866-5408
Michelle Nicholson – 919-866-5401
Beverly Smith – 919-866-5402
8. VA Vocabulary Entitlement – the number of months you will receive your VA benefits (in most cases, 36 months)
Delimiting Date – the amount of time you have to use your GI Bill benefits. In most cases, this is 10 years from your date of discharge.
Certify – Wake Tech VA Representatives “Certify” or report to the VA Office in Georgia the number of hours per semester you have registered for.
Verify Attendance – the student calls the VA Monthly Verification number at the end of each month to “verify attendance” in order to get his/her monthly payment.