Theorems Relating Lines and Planes. Review From Yesterday. What is the difference between collinear points and coplanar lines? What happens when two planes intersect? What are the 4 ways you can create a plane?.
- Answer: ONE line is formed
- Answer: 3 noncollinear points, a line and a point off
the line, two intersecting lines, two parallel lines
• Through a point outside a plane, one
and only one plane can be drawn
perpendicular to the plane. True or False?
1. Line k is drawn so that it is perpendicular to two distinct planes, P and R. What must be true about planes P and R?
(2) Planes P and R are parallel.
(3) Line m is perpendicular to the plane
4. One dihedral angle formed by planes l and q is:
P – YZ – A
5. If lines to form linen and m are each perpendicular to plane A, what is the relationship between n and m ?
n and m are coplanar
6. What happens when two planes intersect? ________________________________
One line is formed