UNCERTAIN TIMEs What are you going to do about it ?. David Kilmer Portfolio Manager, Head of Research. Agenda. About IOOF IOOF’s investment value proposition IOOF’s investment team We live in an unstable world Portfolio management in an unstable world
What are you going to do about it?
Portfolio Manager, Head of Research
(History, Market Cap, FUA, Coverage …)
IOOF provides a range of investment solutions designed to help you and your clients achieve your goals.
We offer you:
Chief Investment Officer
(X) years experience
GDP growth (%)
Cash on Apple’s balance sheet
(based on IOOF and Russell Investment Models)
VIX – ASX200
MSCI – ASX
US 30 year yield
What should you do under the active approach?
Markets are at a crossroad
Although downside risks to growth exist, don’t discount the upside!
1. Which of the following two factors did David indicate were positive factors for growth:
a) Continued growth in China and emerging markets principally India and Brazil
b) Fall in inflation
c) Continued recovery of USA as an engine room of global growth
d) Strength in the corporate sector
2. What were two key risks that David identified to recovery
a) Fiscal headwinds
b) Surge in oil prices
c) The European debt crisis
d) Conflict in the middle east and possible contagion
3. David outlined his thoughts on portfolio optimisation. Based on Russell/IOOF investment models, which asset class has the highest nominal expected return?
b) Fixed Interest
c) Australian Equities
d) Global equities
4. What VIX levels did David suggest you watch
a) 10 and 15
b) 25 and 30
c) 15 and 30
d) 10 and 20
5. Which of the following is not part of the IOOF investment value proposition?
a) Insightful investing that leads to innovative solutions
b) An investment approach modelled on strong quantitative investment portfolio modelling
c) The right scale – not too big and not too small
d) 25 years of multi-manager and research experience