1) Types of Volcanoes 2) What is magma made of?. Composition (What something is made of). Determined by the where it is formed “geologic setting” Determines what it is made from Mixture of SiO 2 , Fe, Mg and other elements. Amount of SiO 2 in the magma determines : Type Viscosity
Why is it called lava??? I thought it was magma…
1) If you want to make yourself a Hawaiian Shield Volcano at home what would be a good substitute for the viscosity of magma that it has?
D) there shouldn’t be any magma
2) Which volcanoes are the most explosive?
3) Why are they so explosive (what are 2 things they have in common)?
4) Can you think of a way to make a volcano more explosive?