AEROTROPOLIS AFRICA. AEROTROPOLIS AFRICA. PROJECT DESCRIPTION. • Unblock private sector investment • Convene, align and mobilize stakeholders • Establish catalyst Govt. 1-Stop. MARKET-BASED POVERTY SOLUTIONS. • Focus global commerce initiatives on poverty reduction • Key is:
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
• Unblock private sector investment
• Convene, align and mobilize stakeholders
• Establish catalyst Govt. 1-Stop
MARKET-BASED POVERTY SOLUTIONS
• Focus global commerce initiatives on poverty reduction
• Key is:
- Simpler & cheaper products
- Access to global markets
- Cargo & distribution
- Collaboration to form non-traditional partnerships!
“Global airports are driving business location and industrial development in the 21st century. International airports have become key nodes for time critical manufacturing, distribution and business services. These are the new engines of economic development attracting air-commerce linked corporations.”
AIRRAIL CENTER FRANKFURT
HONG KONG SKY CITY
AIR-RAIL CENTER FRANKFURT
DŰSSELDORF AIRPORT CITY
RIGA AIRPORT CITY
SHENZHEN AIRPORT CITY
AMSTERDAM AIRPORT AREA
• ”Raw” flowers in via Schiphol
-World’s biggest flower market
-20 mins to Flora Holland
-Land in USA 24 hrs later
-58 Bn Euros p.a.
- 1,400 Global companies
-76,000 Agriculture businesses
Africa’s most expensive infra-structure components converge
• O.R.Tambo International Airport.
• Gautrain & Prasa Metro Rail
• Major highways.
• 17,5 million m2 existing industrial.
(Isando, Jet Park, Spartan).
OR Tambo Airport
Criteria for an Aerotropolis
Major international airport
Land for industrial use
High-speed rail link
Local rail link
City core (Exhibit, hotels offices, etc)
RHODESFIELD COMPARATIVE ANALYISIS
OR Tambo Area
• Africa’s most logical Airport City
-International Trade Centre
-Aggregate trade & govt. support
-“Silicon Valley” for:
• Global Trade Centre
• Africa’s biggest exhibition zone
• Government support zone: “1 stop” service
Review major global trends
Relevance to global commerce
Identify most sustainable global competitive advantage
market failure &
Create efficient global