Comprehensive consultation Discounts migration and development: response to the global economic crisis of a gender perspective. Gen
1. MINISTERE DE, DE LA FAMILLE, DE LA SECUTITE ALIMENTAIRE, DE L’ENTREPRENARIAT FEMINIIN DE LA MICROFINANCE ET DE LA PETITE ENFANCE Direction de l’Entreprenariat féminin
2. Comprehensive consultation Discounts migration and development: response to the global economic crisis of a gender perspective Genève, 29 juin-1er juillet 2009
3. Reminders In 2008, the IOM has estimated the balance of financial transfers around U.S. $ 283 billion. In 2009, due to the financial and economic crisis, the IOM believes a significant decrease in financial transfers number of countries such as Morocco, the Philippines and Sri Lanka but Senegal is not spared.
4. Consequences of the crisis The crisis had a devastating effect on human development lower income declining purchasing power, lack of access to employment, increased household chores, the feminization of poverty
5. Consequences of the crisis (more) Therefore, an urgent review of the impact of this crisis on the lives of migrants and their families, especially among women, is needed.
6. Public Policy 1983, creation of the Ministry to the President of the Republic 1991 Ministry of Emigrants 1995 establishment of the Higher Senegalese Abroad
7. Public Policy (more) 10 November 2002 by Decree No. 2002-1129 the first institution for women's entrepreneurship in particular the Ministry of Women's Entrepreneurship and Micro - Credit has emerged whose vision
8. Public Policy (more) Bring women entrepreneurs and those wishing to become, both in rural and urban areas, to create, manage and develop businesses according to international standards in the niches of the economy of Senegal and Africa, taking into account the objectives of NEPAD.
9. Public Policy (more) 2003 Department of Senegalese Abroad with three branches including one in charge of support for migrants and Fund financing of women (250 million) for women, but also to all Senegalese immigrants eligible.
10. Public Policy (more) Other partners: FNPEF (National Fund for Promotion of Entrepreneurship), NGOs such as the FDEA the PAMECAS for SFD, ILO with its SEED program, ADPME (SME Development Agency, IFC, Belgian Cooperation ...) are involved
11. Findings Lack of consistency of public policies on immigration Lack of information, support and support / advice / guidance for our compatriots living abroad and for all those interested in the issue of migration focuses on gender
12. Steering Committee Setting up a steering committee to Senegal for a better harmonization of policies and allow a better understanding of the issues of migration and gender, discussions were initiated at the pilot countries for a choice on the type of project can support the initiative.
13. Steering Committee (continued) Asserting dialogue, sharing of responsibilities, skills and experiences to find ways out of the crisis on financial and economic issues focusing on gender equality, international migration and financial transfers.
14. Steering Committee (continued) whose recommendations are: policy dialogue and support / assistance
15. Steering Committee (continued) Policy dialogue feature as involvement of all partners to play an important role in the implementation of the program, strengthening and expansion of partnership with all potential donors to be interested in financing the initiative involved the efforts to fulfill the principle of equality and gender equity in local development processes.
16. Steering Committee (continued) It is worth recalling the importance of the restoration to the level of populations affected Support / escort: Strengthening of state structures, NGOs welcome, support and advice and assistance to emigrants to bring
17. Steering Committee (continued) through information and awareness to devote a larger portion of funds transferred to projects or productive individual review forms projects (business creation) in the national territory and use the woman as a promoter of local development ( copy the best
18. Steering Committee (continued) establishment of well-developed incentive to return to country of departure Senegal can benefit from real experiences, knowledge and know-how acquired in the land of immigration by developing information, training and strengthening capacity directed at women and young entrepreneurs already operating in the departure areas of migrants