U.S in central America & The Caribbdean. Susan M. Pojer Horace Greeley HS Chappaqua, NY & Moi Lakeside School, Seattle WA. The Cuban “Melodrama”. The Spanish-American War: 1898. Valeriano Weyler’s “Reconcentration” Policy. Remember the Maine ! To Hell with Spain !.
Susan M. PojerHorace Greeley HS Chappaqua, NY
Lakeside School, Seattle WA
The Spanish-American War: 1898
Valeriano Weyler’s “Reconcentration” Policy
Remember the Maine!To Hell with Spain!
Senator Orville Platt
Platt Amendment (1903)
1. Cuba was not to enter into any agreements with foreign powers that would endanger its independence.
2. The U.S. could intervene in Cuban affairs if necessary to maintain an efficient, independent govt.
3. Cuba must lease Guantanamo Bay to the U.S. for naval and coaling station.
4. Cuba must not build up an excessive public debt.
American Soldiers in Cubain 19022
1. Nicaragua - 1909, 1912, 1932
2. Mexico -1914, 1916-17
3. Haiti -1915-1934
4. Dominican Republic - 1904, 1905, 1912, 1914, 1916-1924
Fidel Castro as a Young Revolutionary
What were some of Castro’s reforms??
Cuba is 90 Miles from the Florida Coast
A Soviet “Client-State”
The Cuban Missile Crisis:October,1962
The Cuban Adjustment Act - 1966
US Embargo of Cuba
Cuban-Americans Support the Republican Party