Thai facts and history. Thai History.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Thai facts and history
Modern humans first settled the area that is now Thailand in the Palaeolithic Era which was as early as 100,000 years ago. For up to 1 million years prior to the arrival of Homo sapiens, the region was home to Homo erectus such as Lampang Man, whose fossilized remains were discovered in 1999.
As Homo sapiens moved in to Southeast Asia, they began to develop appropriate technologies: watercraft for navigating the rivers, intricate woven fish nets, etc. People also domesticated plants and animals, including rice, cucumbers and chickens. Small settlements grew up around fertile land or rich fishing spots, and developed into the first kingdoms.
The early kingdoms were ethnically Malay, Khmer, and Mon. Regional rulers vied with one another for resources and land, but all were displaced when the Thai people immigrated into the area from southern China.
Around the 10th century A.D. ethnic Thais invaded, fighting off the governing Khmer empire and establishing the Sukhothai Kingdom (1238-1448), and its rival, the Ayutthaya Kingdom (1351-1767). Over time, the Ayutthaya grew more powerful, subjecting the Sukhothai and dominating most of southern and central Thailand
In 1767, an invading Burmese army sacked the Ayutthaya capital and divided up the kingdom. The Burmese held central Thailand for only two years before they were defeated in turn by the Siamese leader General Taksin. Taksin soon went mad, and was replaced by Rama I, the founder of the Chakri dynasty with continues to rule Thailand today. Rama I moved the capital to its present site at Bangkok.
Thai people have a special greeting which is called the wai. It is used for people of all ranks like people who are kings use it kids use it etc.
This is the basic words
1. Hot and sour soup with shrimp (tom yum goong) : most famous dishes in Thai cuisine, hot and Spicy Herb so much
2. Green curry with chicken (gaengkiawwaengai), is one of the spicier variations of curry.The main ingredients are coconut milk, green curry paste, eggplant, sugar, fish sauce, kaffir lime leaves and thai
3. Fried Noodles (pad tai:( Pad Thai is one of the best-known Thai dishes, and is very popular in Thai restaurants in America and Australia.
4. Pork fried in basil (pat ga-prao)
5. Red curry with roast duck (gaeng pet bet yaang)
6. Coconut soup with chicken (tom kaagai)
7. Thai style salad with beef (yam neuayaang)
8. Satay pork (moo sa-teh)
9. Fried chicken with cashew (gai pat met ma-muang him-ma-paan)
10. Panang curry (pa-naeng)
Thai custom always do the wai
Eat without putting your elbow on the table
Never give a carnation (flower) to the people in Thailand.
Be prepared to stand up whenever the national anthem or the royal anthems are played.