Reading 1. On Your Bike , get set, donate !. QUESTIONS: 1. What do people do when they don’t want their bycicles? 2. What is the first thing the groups in charge of receiving the old bikes do? 3. Do the groups only give the bikes to children? 4. Name one of these groups.
OnYourBike, get set, donate!
1. What do people do when they don’t want their bycicles?
2. What is the first thing the groups in charge of receiving the old bikes do?
3. Do the groups only give the bikes to children?
4. Name one of these groups.
5. How do volunteers help?
6. One of the volunteers named in the reading is called Joshua, how did he become a volunteer?
7. How would you feel if you were a volunteer
VOCABULARY: Choose the best vocabulary word.
1. A person who gives away something: ______________
2. Important: ___________________
3. It is used for safety: ___________________
4. You learn how to drive it when you are a kid _______________
5. It is a great idea when you help others by :__________
6. Help: ___________________
PHONICS: -ed (add a syllable)
CLOSED RESISTED ACTED
Not separate syllable
6. My children like Disney films. The video is for (they) .
7. My brother Matt collects picture postcards. These postcards are for (he) .
8. Here is another souvenir. I don't know what to do with (it) .
9. I like watches. This nice watch is for (I) .
10. My wife and I love sweets. These sweets are for (we) .
Scientists and crows!
1. Natural way of acting: ______________
2. Idea that explains something: _________________
3. Evidence: ___________________
4. A hammer is a: __________________
5. A scientist needs this to work at:__________
6. Decide something is true based on what you know: ________
PHONICS: r - controlled vowels ir, er, ur
Fire tire herestirchirpbidwear tune true runburnhutbidstir
1.- Once upon a time there was a girl called Little Red Riding Hood. Together with _________mum, ___________lived in a big forest.
2.- One fine day, Little Red Riding Hood’s mother said, “ ________ grandma is ill. Please go and take this cake and a bottle of wine to_______ .
Grandma’s house is not too far from _________ house, but always keep to the path and don’t stop!”
3.- So, Little Red Riding Hood made ____ way to Grandma’s house.
4.- In the forest ______ met the big bad wolf.
5.- Little Red Riding Hood greeted ______ and the wolf asked:
6.- “Where are ____ going, Little Red Riding Hood?”
7.- “To ____ grandma’s house.” answered Little Red Riding Hood.
8.- “Can you tell _____ where grandma lives?”
9.- “______ lives in a little cottage at the edge of the forest.”
10.- “Why don’t _____ pick some nice flowers for ____?” asked the wolf.
11.- “That’s a good idea.” said Little Red Riding Hood and began looking for flowers. Meanwhile, the wolf was on way to _____ grandma’s house.
12.- The house was quite small but nice and ______roof was made out of straw.
13.- The wolf went inside and swallowed poor old Grandma. After that _______ put Grandma’s clothes on and lay down in _______ bed.