The Role of the Respiratory Therapist in Tobacco Cessation. Steven A. Schroeder MD Director Smoking Cessation Leadership Center University of California, San Francisco. Smoking Cessation Leadership Center.
Steven A. Schroeder MD
Smoking Cessation Leadership Center
University of California, San Francisco
ComparativeCauses of Annual Deaths in the United States
Number of Deaths (thousands)
Est. 200,000 per year for mentally ill and SA
AIDS Alcohol Motor Homicide Drug Suicide Smoking
1-800 QUIT NOW
Tobacco Treatment Program Coordinator Saint Barnabas Medical Center Livingston, NJ
2. How are smokers identified?
3. Who provides smoking cessation counseling?
4. In hospital smoking cessation includes:
5. What percentage of your RT staff are currently involved in smoking cessation?
6. What percentage of your Respiratory Therapists are smokers?
7. Would your CEO be if favor of using RTs to improve smoking cessation counseling in your organization?
Reduce the number of facilities who report that 0% of their Respiratory Therapists are involved in Tobacco Cessation by 5% per year over 3 years.