人教修订版 高中三年级 Unit 7. Integrating Skills. Presentation. Reading. Fill in the form. The place where Scrooge lived when he was young. The time when Scrooge was young. Young Scrooge and his. girlfriend. The girl wanted to be separated from Scrooge.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Fill in the form
The place where Scrooge lived when he was young
The time when Scrooge was young
Young Scrooge and his
The girl wanted to be separated from Scrooge.
Because Scrooge cared nothing except making money, which made his girlfriend very disappointed.
He felt very uneasy.
1. In the dream it was Christmas Eve and the Cratchits were having a Christmas dinner.
2. In the dream Tiny Tim was ill but his father couldn’t afford the medicine for him.
True or False
3. These things really happened to the Cratchits.
4. On seeing the scene Scrooge wanted to change his life.
5. Scrooge ordered a big Christmas tree for the Cratchits.
How did Bob Cratchit feel when he saw Scrooge and his turkey?
A. Satisfied B. Interested
C. Angry D. Surprised
idol n. /aidl/ 偶象；神像
ambition n. / m‵bi n/
gain n. /gein/ 财富的获得；利润
bond n. /b nd/ 契约；债券
goose n. /gu:s/ 鹅；鹅肉
bishop n. /‵bi p/ 主教
noble adj. /‵n ubl/ 高尚的；高贵的
selfish adj. /‵selfi /
indeed adv. /in‵di:d/ 的确；实在地
pudding n. /‵pudi / 布丁
karaoke n. /﹑k r ‵ uki/ 卡拉OK
1. care about (=care for): be concerned about
Don’t you care about our country’s future?
2. date back = date from
The old temple dates back to 600 B.C.
3. in the … to come = in the … in the future
We can’t expect what’ll happen in years to come.
4. on the contrary
It doesn’t seem ugly to me; on the contrary, I think it’s rather beautiful.
5. toast vt.&vi. ; n.
toast to =toast (vt.)
We’ll toast (drink to) the success of a new company.
I’d like to propose a toast to the success of a new company.
6. You’ve got it all wrong.
此句结构为： “get + sb. /sth. + adj.” means “cause sb. / sth. to be in a state ”
e. g. He’s getting himself ready to go out.
7. Let’s observe another little scene, as you might have in your life to come.
1. wage, salary, pay, income
1) wage 工人的“工资、工钱”，通常按时计算，分周发给。作“工资”解时，常用复数形式，不能被many或few修饰，只能被high, low等词修饰。
His wages are high.
He gets/earns good wages.
2) salary 单位官员、职员的“薪金”，一般按年计算，分月发给。
At that time he was teaching English in a school at a small salary.
3) pay “工资，薪饷”，既可指wage, 也可指salary, 更多指军队的薪饷或津
You won’t have to worry about rank or pay.
4) income 意为“收入、收益”，通常指一个人所得的收入，不仅限于工资。
He earns 80 yuan a week.
2. forget to do, forget doing
1) forget doing 意思是“忘记了曾经做过某事”，相当于not remember doing sth., doing发生在forget之前。动词-ing形式一般可改为完成式而意义不变。
She forgot my telling him about it.
2) forget to do 意思是“忘记了要去做(某事)”，do发生在forget之后。
I’m sorry I forgot to return you the book.
I remember seeing you somewhere before。
1. I think his role is a guide. Because Santa Claus only made Scrooge realize his mistake. As a result, he improves his life and becomes a kind, tolerant, merciful man.
2. Because he doesn’t want people to know what he did in the past.
3. a. The young Scrooge and the girl are talking about his changes. She is going to separate with him.
c. Because Scrooge values money more than anything else.
d. It means people will be selfish and greedy.
4. She think Scrooge is mean, hard, selfish, he is not worthy of her toast.
5. He is ill. It has much to do with Scrooge’s meanness and selfishness if he would die in the future.
1. Who’d like to tell us its writing characteristic?
First, the text shows us a person’s feeling by his actions and words. Second, the sudden ending of the passage makes readers think a lot.
The text is a play, by showing three different scenes the writer wants to tell us the changes of Scrooge. The first two scenes are long in order to tell us how Santa Claus helps Scrooge to realize his mistake but the third
2. What’s the writing style of the text?
scene is short because in this scene Scrooge turns over a new leaf. This writing skill is good because it offers room for the students to imagine.
1. What happens in a country when there is a revolution?
When a revolution takes place, many people will be arrested and even worse, some people will be killed.
2. What were the main reasons why the French peasants wanted a revolution?
Because they hated the behaviours of many belonging to the old order.
3. Why did Madame Defarge hate the Marquis St Evremonde? Why did she
hate Charles Darnay, although he was not involved in the killing of her sister and brother?
Because her sister and brother were killed by him. She hated Charles Darnay as well because she thought he was belonging to the old order, too.
4. Why did Charles Darnay avoid going to France during the Revolution?
He was afraid he was mis-understood and mistreated.
5. A Tale of Two Cities is a story of injustice. Did the revolution change this? Explain it using examples before and after the Revolution.
I don’t think so. Before the revolution, many peasants and poor people were treated unjustly. But after the revolution, some people like Charles Darnay were treated unjustly, too.
Suppose you are Scrooge. Just write a diary about what you saw in your two dreams and what you did at last. You are expected to write 100 to 120 words.