ICT Strategy in the City of Vienna. Ingrid Götzl City of Vienna Executive Group for Organisation Information and Communication Technology ISSS 2005 April 2005. Vienna - Facts & Figures. 1.7 Mill. Inhabitants 70 000 staff 9.5 Bill. EUR budget 100+ municipal departments
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
City of ViennaExecutive Group for OrganisationInformation and Communication Technology
ISSS 2005April 2005
without public traffic and energy supplier, but ...
...including public health:
Business Location Promotion
IT Strategy – Political Frame
Making Data move – Making Time for People!
Dr. Michael Häupl,
Mayor and Governor of Vienna
Distribution of Tasks/1
Distribution of Tasks /2
Distribution of Tasks /3
does not mean...
Stephan Jansen, Universität Witten
1) E-Government is more than E-Services.
Citizens are more than „Customers“.
2) E-Government is of use for all – even for those who don´t use the Internet.
3) E-Government = customer orientation = horizontal integration.
Data should be on the move, not the citizens.
4) E-Government = vertical integration = speed and cost reduction.
Media rupture hurts!
5) E-Government means benefit by BPR.
Revolution instead of Evolution.
6) E-Government is not for free.
Those who want to reap must sow.
7) E-Government must bring profit.
Otherwise, we tell beforehand.
8) E-Government is about use and usefulness.
Only the useful is used.
9) E-Government is Usability – for the sake of the user.
No riddles, please.
10) E-Government needs PR.
New products need advertising.
Ca. 8.000 ICT enterprises in Vienna – 3rd in Europe after London and Munich!
Thank you for your attention!