ICT Strategy in the City of Vienna. Ingrid Götzl City of Vienna Executive Group for Organisation Information and Communication Technology ISSS 2005 April 2005. Vienna - Facts & Figures. 1.7 Mill. Inhabitants 70 000 staff 9.5 Bill. EUR budget 100+ municipal departments
City of ViennaExecutive Group for OrganisationInformation and Communication Technology
ISSS 2005April 2005
without public traffic and energy supplier, but ...
...including public health:
Business Location Promotion
Economic EfficiencyStrategic Objectives of the City of Vienna
Making Data move – Making Time for People!
Dr. Michael Häupl,
Mayor and Governor of Vienna
does not mean...
Stephan Jansen, Universität Witten
1) E-Government is more than E-Services.
Citizens are more than „Customers“.
2) E-Government is of use for all – even for those who don´t use the Internet.
3) E-Government = customer orientation = horizontal integration.
Data should be on the move, not the citizens.
4) E-Government = vertical integration = speed and cost reduction.
Media rupture hurts!
5) E-Government means benefit by BPR.
Revolution instead of Evolution.
6) E-Government is not for free.
Those who want to reap must sow.
7) E-Government must bring profit.
Otherwise, we tell beforehand.
8) E-Government is about use and usefulness.
Only the useful is used.
9) E-Government is Usability – for the sake of the user.
No riddles, please.
10) E-Government needs PR.
New products need advertising.
Ca. 8.000 ICT enterprises in Vienna – 3rd in Europe after London and Munich!