Warm Up:. Find your article that says “Section 2: Public Opinion” (we read this last Wednesday). Open up to the second page: Section 4: Media Begin a new section in your notes titled “Media Bias” 10/22/13 You have 90 seconds to do this. Close Reading.
What is it and how does it shape perspective?
Think-Pair-Share: What is the responsibility of the media?
1)watchdog over gov’t
2) setting public agenda
3) supporting free exchange of opinions and ideas
Is Romney Unraveling?
Time is running out for Mitt Romney. According to the latest polls, the most likely outcome of Tuesday’s election is that Romney will lose. If he does, it will likely be a bitter pill to swallow. He would have come so close only to have fate and circumstances step in at the final hour and give President Obama a boost.
How is Romney losing it? Let us count the ways:
What differences did you notice that may show bias or appeal to others’ biases?
What do you think would be the difference between a California newspaper and Georgia newspaper?
Think-Pair-Share: Why is it important to know about media bias and its implications?
1. According to the notes on 9/25: Purpose of religion, what are 2 questions that religion answers?
2. What was your answer for #2 on the Warm up on 10/15 over fallacies?
3. What was your answer to #3 on the warm up on 1016?
4. We completed a DOL in our notes on 10/23. Summarize your answer
5. You should have summarized the videos on 10/23 or 10/28. What news station was video 1 and how did it show bias?