The Effects of Parental Self Disclosure and Connection on Relationship Satisfaction, Social Initiative and Self Esteem. Introduction . As children approach adolescence they will face the difficult challenges of identity development and the formation of interpersonal relationships.
1. Mothers would self-disclosing more than fathers.
2. Mothers would self-disclose more to daughters while fathers would self-disclose more to their sons.
5. Parental self-disclosure would have an indirect and positive effect on child self-esteem and child social initiative by way of relationship satisfaction.
6. Parental connection would have a positive effect on relationship satisfaction, child self-esteem, and child social initiative.
7. Parental connection would have an indirect and positive effect on child self-esteem and child social initiative by way of relationship satisfaction
8. Parent-child relationship satisfaction would have a positive and direct effect on child self-esteem and social initiative.