Life after UP: Housing. January 22, 2012 By Charlotte Pritchett. Tonight ’ s Agenda. Review or complete questionnaires Follow up to questions from last meeting Housing options and funding Additional Questions Agenda for next meeting and times. Follow Up Answers from First Meeting.
January 22, 2012
By Charlotte Pritchett
Lifeline: $10.00 discount per month
Link up: $30.00 off installation fee
How to qualify: food stamps, SSI, Medicaid eligible
1.Contact your local Public Housing Authority Office:
2. Sign up for Section 8 knowing that you will be on a waiting list.
-Must be sponsored by a referral agency (Smoky Mountain, Western Highlands, CenterPoint Human Services).
-Must apply for section 8 but ok if not eligible.
Contacts for Key Program:
-Target Program N.C. Western Region Contact
Russell Cate 828-257-2127
-Statewide general information contact
Kay Johnson 704-619-6716
-Included in the new Innovations waiver
- Request through LME
- Will help with housing, medical care, advocacy / rights, school/classes, community resources and activities
1. Already have CAP/Innovations or get on waiting list
2. What kind of housing?
3. Who can help you?
4. Gather info to apply
5. Apply for housing and vouchers
6. Request accommodations
7. Follow up on applications
8. Choose a home
9. Be sure to understand terms of the lease