PNHP CHAPTER ORGANIZING 2008-2009. Oliver Fein, M.D. President Physicians for a National Health Program Professor of Clinical Medicine and Public Health Associate Dean Office of Affiliations and Global Health Education Weill Cornell Medical College
Oliver Fein, M.D.
Physicians for a National Health Program
Professor of Clinical Medicine and Public Health
Office of Affiliations and Global Health Education
Weill Cornell Medical College
PNHP Leadership Training and Annual Meeting
Dr. Oliver Fein has no relevant financial relationships with commercial interests.
Introducing: Ali Thebert
2. The Minneapolis Example
Elizabeth Frost, Ann Settgast, Susan Hasti
3. Potential Chapter Activities
4. Media Activities
5. Chapter Organization
Thanks to Joanne Landy and Ali Thebert
Hosts: Elizabeth Frost, Susan Hasti, Ann Settgast
7 PM Forum: Equality and Health Access
10 am ER Conference: Regions Hospital
Noon IM Grand Rounds: Univ of Minnesota
1 pm Student discussion
3 pm Pioneer Press: Editorial Board
5 pm Cocktailfund raiser
7 pm Minnesota Universal HC Coalition
9 am Star Tribune: Editorial Board
10 am Radio Interview
11 am Press Conference
Noon IM Grand Rounds: Hennepin Country
3 pm NPR: Studio Interview
7 pm Reception at Susan Hasti’s home
8 am Organizers’ breakfast and planning
6:00 – 7:30 pm (one hour)
7:00 – 9:00 pm (two hour)
(June: Board elections)
(July: day long – outside city)
2. Minutes of March 2008 Board meeting – sent to board members via email.
3. Where members have been or will be speaking?
4. Executive Director’s Report: Courtney Morrow
5. Chair’s Report: Oli Fein
6. Treasurer’s Report.: Len Rodberg.
party/fundraiser. Mary O’Brien, Martha Livingston.
8. PNHP NY-Metro Chapter Board elections: 6/18
9. General Membership meeting: Agenda.
10. State Action Committee: “Health Care for All New York Campaign,” May 6 Albany Single Payer
lobby day and more. Robert Padgug, Carol Schneebaum and Len Rodberg
11. Congressional visits.
12. Summer board retreat: Proposed agenda.
13. June 19: National Day of Protest Against Private Health Insurance Corporations.
Wednesday, June 18, 2008: 7 – 9 PM - General Membership meeting and board elections.
Saturday, June 28, 2008: 10 – 5 PM - Board Retreat – Englewood, New Jersey
Student Perspectives: Stanton Shek/Anthony Accurso
PNHP Perspective: Len Rodberg, Ph.D.
Margaret Flowers, M.D.
Laura Boylan, M.D.
Joe Baker, Medicare Rights Center
Alec Pruchnicki, M.D., NY Metro PNHP Board