Judaism. The term “Jew” or “Jewish” can refer to…. any person of Jewish parentage anyone born of people who are identified as descendants of the group described in Biblical and post-Biblical sources Ethnic group.
Antisemitic political cartoon entitled "Rothschild" by the French caricaturist, C. Leandre, 1898.
Anyone who interprets National Socialism as merely a political movement knows almost nothing about it. It is more than a religion. It is the determination to create the new man. - Adolf Hitler
1. A union of Germans to form a great Germany.
2. Abolition of the Treaty of Versailles.
3. Lebensraum (living space) for Germans as well as surplus populations.
4. German blood as a requirement for citizenship. No Jew can be a citizen.
5. Non-citizens live in Germany as foreigners only, subject to the law of aliens.
6. Only citizens can vote or hold public office.
7. The state insures that every citizen live decently and earn his livelihood.
8. No further immigration of non-Germans. Any non-German who arrived after August 2, 1914, shall leave immediately.
9. Revision of the national system of education with citizenship being taught.
10. All newspapers must be published in the German language by German citizens.
The law of existence requires uninterrupted killing, so that the better may live. – Adolf Hitler
Nazi physicians conducted “bogus” medical research in an effort to identify physical evidence of Aryan superiority & non-Aryan inferiority. The Nazis could not find evidence for their theories of biological racial differences among human beings.
This kit contains 29 hair samples used by doctors, anthropologists, and geneticists to determine racial makeup of individuals.
Establishing racial descent by measuring an ear at the Kaiser Wilhelm Institute for Anthropology.
Caliper to measure skull width.
Nazi Intentions Revealed
Since when do you have to agree with people to defend them from injustice?
- Lillian Hellman
How can such a monstrous crime as the Holocaust occur?
It begins when people start thinking of themselves as ‘us’ and of others as ‘them’.
- Ted Gottfried, Deniers of the Holocaust
Means of Accomplishment:
The Law for the Protection of German Blood & German Honor forbade either marriage or sexual relations between Jews and Germans.
Laws Restricting Personal Rights
Sign on a phone booth in Munich prohibiting Jews from using the public telephone.
Jews were only permitted to purchase products between 3-5 p.m. This was one step in the overall Nazi scheme of eliminating Jews from economic, social and cultural life.
Bench with inscription “Only for Jews.”
Sign forbidding Jews in public pool.
"Aryanization" announcements in a newspaper.
SA soldiers stood at the entrances to Jewish shops and professional offices discouraging non-Jewish patrons from entering.
Signs were posted warning: “Germans! Beware! Don’t Buy from Jews!”
* 1st Degree Mischlingewould be considered Jews if they met any of the following criteria:
- practiced the Jewish religion
- were married to a Jew
- or were children born after September 15,
1935 to one Jewish parent and one