Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
Project To Speed Safety/Damage Assessments Thru Interoperable Mobile Field Inspection Technology. Final Report on Outcome & Recommendations from Pilot & Golden Guardian Demonstrations Robert Wible, Project Director, “The L.A.Basin Project” December 19, 2008, CA OES, Mather, CA. The Problem.
Final Report on Outcome & Recommendations from Pilot & Golden Guardian Demonstrations
Robert Wible, Project Director, “The L.A.Basin Project”
December 19, 2008, CA OES, Mather, CA
In the aftermath of a disaster
what can be done to speed:
- Conducting of safety/damage
- Getting inspection results
Into central database to understand magnitude?
- Completion & submission of ATC forms to get victims & Federal disaster assistance funds?
Mobile inspection technology
can significantly speed
conducting & compiling
safety/damage assessments & immediately enter results onto forms to speed claims / recovery - 120,000 homes in 6 weeks!
Lesson in California but
radically speed up process
by expanding number
of inspectors available
& enabling them to
bring and use their
own diverse hardware
/software forming an interoperable regional, and then a state-wide network?
- Design & conduct survey of 84 jurisdictions in L.A. Basin region
- Identify jurisdictions with appropriate technology (84 / 13)
- Research/report feasibility of interoperability of linking that diverse hardware/software
- Identify 4 to participate in Pilot demonstration
INTERNET or VPN
DEVICES with PROPAGATED
FORMSPhase II – Demonstrations & Report Lessons & Recommendations for Networks
- Design methodology to use / link diverse
get it to
& send to
San Dimas &
8 different devices
3 different software
systems & all:
pulled down addresses, conducted inspections,
uploaded to central data point & downloaded inspection
results onto ATC – 20 forms
Golden Guardian but
put under stress
developing network &
expand outreach to interest other states in developing similar networks
- Test under realistic disaster conditions
- “Grab and go”
- Use more IVR
- Use paper inspection forms – scan to upload
- Central data point in GG SOC Sacramento
- Mockup actual building – LAUSD Middle School #3 S. Shatto Place, L.A.
- Eight diverse hardware/software systems
- Three smartphones & IVR inspections- all from marked up Middle School # 3
- Tested under both simulated (GG) & actual disaster conditions (fires)
were successful test
- Test mobile technology in future drills
- Train more staff in safety/damage assessments
- Working with state to build network
- Work with state on interoperability standard & network
- Assist CA building network in Phase III & IV
- Consider national uniform address system