WHAT IS CONSTRUCTIVIST LEARNING THEORY?. It is a theory of learning based on the historical works of Dewey, Piaget and Vygotsky.It is learning using prior knowledge and connecting it to new information.It challenges the learner to construct their own knowledge and test their understanding of the material..
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. CONSTRUCTIVIST LEARNING THEORY BY: PATRICK LAWLER
2. WHAT IS CONSTRUCTIVIST LEARNING THEORY? It is a theory of learning based on the historical works of Dewey, Piaget and Vygotsky.
It is learning using prior knowledge and connecting it to new information.
It challenges the learner to construct their own knowledge and test their understanding of the material.
3. THE CHARACTERISTICS OF CONSTRUCTIVIST CLASSROOM Big curricular concepts are pursued and presented from whole to part.
Students are encouraged to question concepts and explain their reasoning as an essential part of learning.
Social discourse among students is valued and necessary to understand and transform every ones learning.
Teachers and Students jointly examine enduring concepts.
4. THE JOB OF THE CONSTRUCTIVIST TEACHER The teacher must enter the classroom believing that all students have different backgrounds from experiences and cultural practices.
The teacher has to meet the students at there current level and help them connect and expand to the material.
Taking these two factors into account ensures that the material will be meaningfully related to the student.
5. IN CONCLUSION CONSTRUCTIVIST LEARNING IS THE COMBINING OF NEW MATERIAL AND OLD MATERIAL TO CREATE A BETTER UNDERSTANDING FOR STUDENTS.