Confined Space Rescue Awareness. An Overview of Confined Space Rescue. Course Objectives. Provide the attendee with the basic understanding of the requirements of Confined Space Rescue so that the attendee can go to the next step of becoming fully trained in Confined Space Rescue.
An Overview of Confined Space Rescue
“This material was produced under Grant
SH-21000-10-60-F-29 from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, U.S. Department of Labor. It does not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the U.S. Department of Labor, nor does mention of trade names, commercial products, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government.”
The difference between a hero and a fool is training.
City of Anderson, SC - Fire Department
1. Non-entry– Rescue that is conducted without entry into the confined space. This can be conducted by such means as a rope or winch.
2. Entry by others – some companies do not have trained personnel for emergency rescue. They depend on others to conduct emergency rescues such as the Fire Department.
Confined Space Rescue can require a number of types of equipment to effectively and safely perform a rescue.
Let’s take a look at some of the equipment that can be used in confined space rescues.
1. Responder safety
2. Safety of the victim
3. Assessment of the situation
4. Type of Rescue
5. Development of the rescue plan
6. General public control and safety