“Many Peoples, Many Faiths”. by Ameena Zia. Reflect On. Do you have to be religious to pray? How many of you pray before turning in a paper, for an exam, or quiz? Is there only one way to pray?.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
“Many Peoples, Many Faiths”
“Prayer is an effort to communicate with God, or to another deity or spirit, either to offer praise, to make a request, or simply to express one's thoughts and emotions”-Wikipedia Encyclopedia
* Believe in One God, Yahweh.
* Oldest Abrahamic Religion.
Q. What is an Abrahamic Religions?
* Jews read from the Torah, Old Testament, and Talmud.
* The Torah is written in Hebrew.
* They rest on Shabbat, Sabbath, begins before sundown on Friday till sunset on Saturday.
* do no work: ie. Writing, Driving
* Three daily prayers, prayers to say --small
* Congregated prayers consist of 10 men.
* “Centered on the life teachings, sayings and actions of Jesus, the Christ.” (wikipedia)
* The Bible = Old Testament + New Testament
* Congregational Prayers in Services, Sing Hymns (Praises).
* “Prayer is communion with God.”
* Sunday Day of Rest
* Worlds Largest Religion
Q. What is their take on Prayer in School?
Religion of the Worlds