Current Theories Related to Early Childhood Education and Preschool as Frames of Reference for Sustainable Education. PhD Ulla Härkönen Lecturer in Early Childhood Education University of Joensuu Savonlinna Department of Teacher Education [email protected] 2003.
* school begins at the age of seven
* early childhood education means all education under 7
* preschool means education of six-year-olds
* sustainable education means education for sustainable development (Åhlberg 2003)
* sustainable education is a part of ECE and preschool
* care, education and teaching
The answer that is the most difficult to reach is concealed in the letter ’f’. He asks:
What is the process that is to be created by the person and the context?
”The central issue in Vygotsky’s theoretical thinking is in the Development of qualitatively novel (’higher’) psychological functions in the history of cultures and ontogeny of children in the process of organisms’(i.e. culture, or child) goal-directed acting upon their environments” (Valsiner, 1987: 64).
* language has a most significant meaning for the development of mental activities
* learning influences in development
* the zone of proximal development (ZPD)
* interaction, internalisation, genetic law of cultural development: two plans (social and psychological)
has been made from Finnish textbooks of early childhood education and preschool published during 30 last years.
Systems theory four dimension model of the concept of early childhood education. Explanation: ECE=early childhood education
Systems theory four dimension model of the concept of preschool.Explanation: ECE=early childhood education
The ECE curriculum in relation to the systems theory four dimension model of the concept of early childhood education. Explanation: ECE=early childhood education
The result which has been created and which has to be further developed:
Systems Theory of
Early Childhood Education