GROOMING. Apply techniques that improve the well-being of cats. Discuss the grooming practices for cats. Longhaired cats. p. 206. 1. Receive daily care to keep free of tangles and mat. (Proper bathing of a cat – tub filled only to 4” of water).
Discuss the grooming practices for cats.
1. Receive daily care to keep free of tangles and mat. (Proper bathing of a cat – tub filled only to 4” of water).
3. Next use a small toothed comb.
4. Once all tangles are out, brush hair in opposite direction of growth occasionally sprinkle grooming powder .
5. Grooming removes old, dead hair and lessens the risk of direction of growth occasionally sprinkle grooming hairballs.
Shorthair Grooming problems.
1. rubber grooming brush
2. fine-toothed / flea comb
3. soft chamois, silk, nylon pad.
Longhair Grooming problems.
1. Comb with two size of teeth (fine toothed and a flea comb).
2. Nail clippers
3. Grooming brush natural bristles ( problems.nylon causes static)
4. Grooming powder such as baby powder, talcum, or cornstarch.
How to groom longhaired cat problems.
1. Using a wide-toothed comb, comb all areas of the cat being careful of sensitive areas of stomach, under tail and inside legs.
2. Once coat is free of tangles and mats, use fine-toothed comb to comb skin.
3. Brush in opposite direction of natural hair growth and sprinkle with grooming powder.
4. If fur is tangled or matted, use blunt-ended comb to comb skin.scissors to cut it out.
5. Check ears for signs of mites, a dark residue. Treat with eardrops from pet store.
6. Check teeth and gums. Dry food can clean teeth of comb to comb skin.tartar. Excessive tartar must be removed by veterinarian.