Entries closing on 09 th October 2014. 19th October 2014. Goss & Balfe. South Coast Marathon.
Entries closing on 09th October 2014
19th October 2014
Goss & Balfe
South Coast Marathon
Amanzimtoti AC invites you to enter the 2014 edition of the very popular South Coast marathon. Yes, we will once again gather at the Amanzimtoti train station @ 05h00 on the 19th of October to board the FREE TRAIN RIDE to the start of your race. If you’re doing the 21.1km, we will drop you off at Ilfracombe Station. For the brave amongst us running the 42.2km, we will drop you off at the Scottburgh Train Station. Both races will finish at Hutchinson Park in Amanzimtoti.
Please ensure that you collect your race numberby 04h00 on Sunday the 19th of October 2014 to be in time to get to the station. It is approx a 20 minute walk from Civic Centre to the train station. The train leaves at 05h00 sharp!!
There will be two trains this Year.
COMRADES & TWO OCEANS QUALIFIER
The 42.2km race is an official 2014 Comrades and Two Oceans qualifier.
T-SHIRTS & PRIZES
Long-sleeve T-shirts for ALL marathon runners.
Short-sleeve T-shirts for all 21.1km runners & walkers
COMMEMORATIVE MEDALS TO CELEBRATE THE 10TH YEAR SPONSORSHIP OF GOSS & BALFE.
New Balance Shoes to be given away as lucky draws!
ENTRY & REGISTRATION INFORMATION
This is a pre-entry event closing on 09th October 2014. No late entries!!!
Entry CollectionEntry tags and Race Packs can be collected on race weekend at Hutchinson Park in Amanzimtoti on Saturday the 18th of October 2014 from 10h00 until 16h00 or on Sunday the 19th of October 2014 from 03h30 until 04h40 at Civic Centre
Directions to Hutchisonpark
Take N2 south from Durban. Take the Adams Rd turn-off. Turn right in Kingsway Rd. Turn right into Adams Rd. Turn left in Isundu Drive. Keep left where Isundu becomes Hutchison Rd and cross Toti river. At T-junction turn right into Riverside Rd. Turn right into Hutchisonpark after +- 300m.
PLEASE PARK AT THE CIVIC CENTRE ON RACE DAY! MARSHALLS WILL BE ON DUTY
COLLECT RACE PACK ONLY AT CIVIC CENTRE
Directions to Toti Station
Follow direction boards from Hutchinson Park. Next to Toti taxi rank in CBD(opp FNB & Post Office).
Directions to Ilfracombe Station
Take N2 south from Durban. Take the R102 UMGABABA turn-off Turn left towards the sea. At T-junction turn right and travel for +- 6.4km to the start of the 21.1km race.
Directions to Scottburgh Station
Take N2 south from Durban towards Scottburgh. Take the R102 SCOTTBURGH turn-off. Turn left towards the sea for +- 1km. At T-junction turn right and travel for +- 1km. Turn left into GEORGE CROOKS and follow road to CORDINER STREET and turn left towards the sea for +- 200m. The start of the 42.2km is at the t-junction on the left-hand side.
1. Race is run in according to the rules of IAAF, ASA & KZNA2. Minimum age on race day is 16 years for 21.1km event & 20 years for the 42.2km event3. All participants under 18 years of age must have parental consent to participate in this event
4. 2014 licence numbers must be worn on the front and back of the athletes vest/crop top, alternatively, a temp licence must be worn on the front of the vest/crop top
5. Licensed athletes to wear official club colours
6. Licensed athletes are covered by insurance. Refer to KZNA 031 312 9374 for details
7. Temporary licensed athletes must be appropriately dressed in a white vest/crop top with NO advertising!8. Walkers must display 'WALKER' tags on the front and back of vest / crop top9. Age category identification tags must be displayed on the front and back of vest / crop top in order to qualify for prizes10. Runners / Walkers using temporary licence can win category prizes ONLY if age category tags are worn11. Category winners may be required to produce proof of age12. Foreign athletes must abide by IAAF rule 4.2 and 14213. No personal seconding allowed14. Cut off: 3.5 hours for 21km & 5½ hours for 42.2km15. Prize-giving will be at 09H30 for 21km and 11H00 for & 42.2km16. Marshals and traffic officials must be obeyed at all times
17. Total of 16 water tables with water & coke
18. No Refunds.
Please note that the premises at Hutchinson Park is a licensed entity and we appeal to athletes/clubs to please purchase their frosties from the bar at Lord’s & Legends