Notification No. 093/NRA dated 19 November 2012 o n UXO clearance for socio-economic development projects in Lao PDR. By: Bounpheng Sisawath Deputy Director General of NRA. References. Government Decrees :
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
dated 19 November 2012
on UXO clearance for socio-economic development projects in Lao PDR.
By: Bounpheng Sisawath
Deputy Director General of NRA
US Bombing Data
The impact of UXO on humanitarian.
UXO accidents in the period 1964 -2008
The effect of UXO on Development
transmission line, etc…)
Baseline to issue notification no. 093/NRA
some did not clear UXO before starting their
and some UXO still remained.
it did not follow the national standards for UXO
with national standards, aimed at making the projects
area, as well as the Lao territory safe from UXO.
UXO/Mine Action Sector in the Lao PDR (NRA) issued
this notification to inform Ministers, Chairman of
relevant organisations and Provincial
Governors to give advice to those responsible
persons for development projects under their
Type of projects and budget setting for UXO clearance
I. Humanitarian project: (Public service project)
- Firstly, those projects above request to international donors to support for clearance. In addition, the project owner must to set up budget and propose to the government for annual contribution as well.
- for clearance tasks assigned to UXO humanitarian operators to conduct survey, clearance and destroy of UXO.
II. Government non-profit projects (mega project)
- For those projects above, the project owner must to set up budget for survey, clearance and destroy of UXO and propose to the government for approval. Herewith, we could also propose to international donors to support for clearance as well.
- for clearance tasks assigned to UXO clearance companies by doing a bid for survey and clearance in accordance with regulation or could be request to Lao army humanitarian force and UXO Lao for survey and clearance as appropriate.
III. National and international investment projects.
- those project above, the project owner must to set up adequate budget for survey, clearance and destroy of UXO and hire UXO clearance companies to conduct survey and clearance of UXO in accordance with regulation.
IV. UXO clearance companies hiring for survey and clearance
V. Quality Assurance (Items 3 &5 of Notification093)
assurance by the NRA. Project owners have to set up sufficient budget for quality assurance.
2. The quality assurance is in accordance with
the national standards.