Whitewater Kayak Slalom Race Timer. Engineers: Kevin Lockwood Chris Munshaw Ashley Penna John So. Project Funded By:. Mike Neckar Founder, Necky Kayaks www.necky.com. Background on Whitewater Kayaking. Whitewater kayak slalom racing began shortly before World War II
Mike NeckarFounder, Necky Kayakswww.necky.com
C1 (Canoe) on a man-made course
K1 (Kayak) on a natural river course
Our Proposed Timeline
The Actual Timeline
1. User adds the names of kayakers in order.
2. User determines the number of gates.
3. User modifies the serial port settings.
4. User presses ‘Begin’ button to begin the race. Name list and gate number cannot be modified from this point onwards.
5. Program reads and displays data automatically.
- Decodes gate messages sent through RF module
- Applies 2 sec time penalty if gate touched.
- Applies 50 sec time penalty if gate missed.
6. Calculate race time and add penalties to it.
7. Table may be exported in .txt format and uploaded to MS Excel.
Before Power Control
After Power Control
15mA (Ultrasonic) + 25mA (Micro) = 40mA
110mA (150 passes. [email protected] 5 sec/pass) =23mA
45mA (150 trans. [email protected] 0.5 sec/trans) =0.9mA