Test Inventory. A “successful” test effort may include: Finding “bugs” Ensuring the bugs are removed Show that the system or parts of the system works Goal of testing (Hutcheson’s): Establish a responsive, dependable system which satisfies and delights the users.
satisfies and delights def/metrics?
-by test coverage
-by test results
-by fix results
Test Planning Coverage = # of test cases designed / # of scenarios
- planning mostly based on requirements doc.
- test cases designed with requirements and design docs.
Test Execution Coverage = # of test cases ran / # of designed test cases
- how do we decide how much to run?
- why wouldn’t we run all the designed test cases?
Products get released with both “known” bugs and some
. . .
Your thoughts -----?
# of test scripts (actual)
# user functions (actual)
# of verifications / test script
Total # of verifications performed
Average # of times a test is executed
Total # of tests attempted - computed
Average duration of test (known #)
Total time running the test (from log)
# verifications/ hr of testing
* Test schedule should be built based on historical information from past &
an estimate of the current effort