高一定语从句. --- 北京四中 方芳. 教学内容 I. 趣味英语 : Easter 复活节 II. 语法：定语从句 III. 测试 IV. 美文欣赏. I. 趣味英语 : Easter 复活节 Easter is a time of springtime festivals. In Christian countries Easter is celebrated as the religious holiday commemorating the
I. 趣味英语: Easter 复活节
I. 趣味英语: Easter 复活节
Easter is a time of springtime festivals. In Christian countries
Easter is celebrated as the religious holiday commemorating the
resurrection(耶稣复活) of Jesus Christ, the son of God. Traditions
associated with the festival survive in the Easter rabbit, a symbol of
fertility, and in colored Easter eggs, originally painted with bright
colors to represent the sunlight of spring. Easter is observed by the
churches of the West on the first Sunday following the full moon that
occurs on or following the spring equinox(昼夜评分点,春分) (March
21). So Easter became a "movable" feast which can occur as early as
March 22 or as late as April 25.
The Bible makes no mention of a long-eared, short-tailed
creature who delivers decorated eggs to well-behaved children on
Easter Sunday; nevertheless, the Easter bunny has become a
prominent(显著的) symbol of Christianity's most important
holiday. The exact origins of this mythical(虚构的) mammal are
unclear, but rabbits, known to be prolific(多产的), are an ancient
symbol of fertility(繁殖) and new life. According to some sources,
the Easter bunny first arrived in America in the 1700s with German
immigrants. Their children made nests in which this creature could
lay eggs. Eventually, the custom spread across the U.S. and the
fabled rabbit's Easter morning deliveries expanded to include
chocolate and other types of candy and gifts, while decorated baskets
Easter is a religious holiday, but some of its customs, such as Easter
eggs, are likely linked to pagan traditions. From a Christian
perspective, Easter eggs are said to represent Jesus' emergence from
the tomb and resurrection. Decorating eggs for Easter is a tradition
that dates back to at least the 13th century. One explanation for this
custom is that eggs were formerly a forbidden food during the
Lenten season, so people would paint and decorate them to mark the
end of the period of penance and fasting, then eat them on Easter as a
celebration. Easter egg hunts and egg rolling are two popular egg
related traditions. In the U.S., the White House
Easter Egg Roll, a race in which children push
decorated, hard-boiled eggs across the White
House lawn, is an annual event held the Monday
Easter is the second best-selling candy holiday in America, after
Halloween. Among the most popular sweet treats associated with this
day are chocolate eggs, which date back to early 19th century Europe.
Eggs have long been associated with Easter as a symbol of new life
and Jesus' resurrection. Another egg-shaped candy, the jelly bean,
became associated with Easter in the 1930s. For the past decade, the
top-selling non-chocolate Easter candy has been the marshmallow
Peep, a sugary, pastel-colored(柔和颜色的) confection(甜食). The
original Peeps were handmade, marshmallow-flavored yellow chicks,
but other shapes and flavors were later introduced, including chocolate
In New York City, the Easter Parade tradition dates back
to the mid-1800s, when the upper crust of society would
attend Easter services at various Fifth Avenue churches then
stroll outside afterward, showing off their new spring outfits
and hats. Average citizens started showing up along Fifth Avenue to
check out the action. The tradition reached its peak by the mid-20th
century, and in 1948, the popular film Easter Parade was released.
The Easter Parade tradition lives on in Manhattan, with Fifth
Avenue from 49th Street to 57th Street being shut down during the
day to traffic. Participants often sport elaborately decorated bonnets
and hats. The event has no religious significance, but sources note
that Easter processions have been a part of Christianity
since its earliest days. Today, other cities across America
also have their own parades.
The person to whom you spoke is a famous actor.
The person who(whom) you spoke to is a famous actor.
The students (whom/who/that) we examined last week were excellent.
1. Last week, only two people came to look at the house, _______ wanted to buy it.
A. none of them B. both of them
C. none of whom D. neither of whom
2. We saw several natives advancing towards our party, and one of
them came up to us,______ we gave some bells and glasses.
A. to which B. to whom .
C. with whom D. with which
3. —why does she always ask you for help?
—There is no one else ______, is there?
A. who to turn to B. she can turn to
C. for whom to turn D. for her to turn
2 _______ wanted to buy it. ．whose (人/物，可以与of which互换)
There are still many people whose living conditions are miserable.
He mentioned a book whose author (= the author of which) I can’t remember now.
This is the apartment whose windows face south.
4. Last month, part of Southeast Asia was struck by floods, from _______effects the people are still suffering.
A. that B. whose C. those D. what
5. Look out! Don’t get too close to the house ______ roof is under repair.
A. whose B. which C. of which D. what
6. I was born in New Orleans, Louisiana, a city____ name will create a picture of beautiful trees and green grass in our mind.
A. which B. of which C. that D. whose
3. which ( from _______effects the people are still suffering. 物，主语/宾语，宾语时常省略)
I want to take away the book (which) you showed me yesterday.
This is the key which you are looking for.
She sat on the corner of the table near the door by which her husband always entered.
She sat on the corner of the table near the door which her husband always entered by.
I’ll never forget the day which I first met you on. (Χ)
7. I saw a woman running toward me in the dark. Before I could recognize who she was, she had run back in the direction ______ she had come.
A. of which B. by which C. in which D. from which
8. I was given three books on cooking, the first _______ I really enjoyed.
A. of that B. of which C. that D. which
9. Mark was a student at this university from 1999 to 2003, ____ , he studied very hard and was made Chairman of the Students' Union.
A. during which time B. for which time
C. during whose time D. by that time
10. The man pulled out a gold watch, were made of small diamonds.
A. the hands of whom B. whom the hands of
C. which the hands of D. the hands of which
在非限定性定语从句中， could recognize who she was, she had run back in the direction ______ she had come. which还可以用在非限定性定语从句中，表示前面整句话。
11. The road conditions there turned out to be very good, ___ was more than we could expect.
A. it B. what C. which D. that
12. The owner of the cinema needed to make a lot of improvements and employ more people to keep it running, ______ meant spending tens of thousands of pounds.
A. why B. that C. as D. which
13. They’ve won their last three matches，________ I find a bit surprising actually.
A. that B. when C. what D. which
4. that ( could recognize who she was, she had run back in the direction ______ she had come. 人/物，主语/宾语)
He is not the man that he used to be.
The house (that) we live in is not large.
The house in which we live is not large. (不用in that)
time 是先行词，前面有序数词和last 修饰，用that引导或什么都不用。
This is the last time that I shall give a lesson.
The first time I saw him was in 1986.
the way, the place 直接用（that）来引导定语从句。
This is the way he used to deal with problems.
That is the place we live.
That could recognize who she was, she had run back in the direction ______ she had come. 指物可以与which互换，以下几种情况只用that。
a.先行词为all, everything, nothing, something, anything,
little, much 等不定代词；
b.先行词被all, every, no, some, any, little, much 等修饰；
d.先行词被the only, the very, the same, the last 修饰时；
f.当主句是以who, which 开头的特殊疑问句时。
14. Do you still remember the chicken farm could recognize who she was, she had run back in the direction ______ she had come. we visited three months ago?
A. where B. when C. that D. what
15. The thought of going back home was ______kept him happy while he was working abroad
A. that B. all that C. all what D. which
16. The way _____ you are doing it is completely wrong.
A. / B. which C. in that D. as
5. as could recognize who she was, she had run back in the direction ______ she had come. 的用法
(但 as 引导从句表示内容与主句相似，同类；that 表示内容与
This is the same bag as I lost yesterday.
This is the same bag that I lost yesterday.
As we have seen, oceans cover more than 70 % of the earth.
As is known to all, Taiwan is a part of China.
Tom won the first place in the competition, as we had expected.
17. The Beatles, ______ many of you are old enough to remember, came from Liverpool.
A. what B. that C. how D. as
18. ______ I explained on the phone, your request will be considered at the next meeting.
A. When B. After C. As D. Since
19. He is not _____ a fool _____.
A. such; as he is looked B. such; as he looks
C. as; as he is looked D. so; as he looks
20. He must be from Africa, _____ can be seen from his skin.
A. that B. as C. who D. what
关系副词 remember, came from Liverpool.
It was the sort of morning when everything goes wrong.
The Queen's last visit was in May, when she opened the new hospital.
This is the village where I was born.
The lab where the chemist often does experiments is not far from here.
The reason why he came is not very convincing.
I don't know the reason why you quarreled with him.
注意：先行词 situation, point, case 在定语从句中作状语，应该
Everyone needs to face the situation where they have to make their own
Describe an occasion when you had to give a presentation to an audience.
21. Occasions are quite rare ______ I have the time to spend a day with my kids.
A. who B. which C. why D. when
22. Is that the reason _____ you are in favor of the proposal?
A. which B. what C. why D. for that
23.—Is that the small town you often refer to?
—Right, just the one you know I used to work for years.
A. that B. which C. where D. what
24. We’re just trying to teach a point ____ both sides will sit down together and talk.
A. where B. that C. when D. which
25. They will fly to Washington, they plan to stay for two or three days.
A. where B. there C. which D. when
考试中应该注意哪些问题？ a day with my kids.
I will never forget the days we spent together.
Father took me to the museum that used to be a factory.
Is this the museum that you mentioned the other day?
Is this museum the one you mentioned the other day?
He is the only person he can turn to when meeting difficulties.
Much attention to which we should pay is written on the board.
III. a day with my kids. 测试
26.Whenever I met her, _____ was fairly often, she greeted me with a sweet smile.
A. who B. which C. when D. that
27. Gun control is a subject_____ Americans have argued for a long time .
A. of which B. with which C. about which D. into which
28.I have reached a point in my life_____ I am supposed to make decisions of my own.
A. which B. where C. how D. why
29. Later in this chapter cases will be introduced to readers ______ consumer complaints have resulted in changes in the law.
A. where B. when C. who D. which
30. A person ______ e-mail account is full won’t be able to send or receive any e-mails.
A. who B. whom C. whose D. whoever
IV. a day with my kids. 美文欣赏
A Box of KissesThe story goes that some time ago, a man punished his 3-year-old
daughter for wasting a roll of gold wrapping paper. Money was tight
and he became infuriated when the child tried to decorate a box to
put under the Christmas tree. Nevertheless, the little girl brought the
gift to her father the next morning and said, "This is for you,
Daddy." He was embarrassed by his earlier overreaction, but his
anger flared(发怒) again when he found the box was empty. He
yelled at her, "Don't you know that when you give someone a
present, there's supposed to be something inside it?"
The little girl looked up at him with tears in her eyes and
said,“ Oh, Daddy, it is not empty. I blew kisses into the box. All for
you, Daddy." The father was crushed. He put his arms around his
little girl, and he begged for her forgiveness.
It is told that the man kept that gold box by his bed for years and whenever he was discouraged, he would take out an imaginary kiss and remember the love of the child who had put it there.
In a very real sense, each of us as humans have been given a gold container filled with unconditional love and kisses from our children, friends, family and God. There is no more precious possession anyone could hold.
Homework: for years and whenever he was discouraged, he would take out an imaginary kiss and remember the love of the child who had put it there.
1. The growing speed of a plant is influenced by a number of factors, _____ are beyond our control.
A. most of them B. most of which
C. most of what D. most of that
2. You can only be sure of ______ you have at present; you cannot be sure of something _____ you might get in the future.
A. that; what B. what; /
C. which; that D. /; that
3. ---What do you think of teaching, Bob?
---I find it fun and challenging. It is a job ___ you are doing something serious but interesting.
A. where B. which C. When D. that
KEY for years and whenever he was discouraged, he would take out an imaginary kiss and remember the love of the child who had put it there.：
1-5 DBBBA 6-10 DDBAD 11-15 CDDCB
16-20 ADCBB 21-25 DCCAB 26-30 BCBAC
That’s all for today, for years and whenever he was discouraged, he would take out an imaginary kiss and remember the love of the child who had put it there.and see you