Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be sold or licensed nor shared on other sites. SlideServe reserves the right to change this policy at anytime. While downloading, If for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. WWWISIS: A Web-based CDS/ISIS Database Server
2. 2 WWWISIS: A Web-based CDS/ISIS Database Server I.Introduction
II.Features of WWWISIS
4.Costs, license, registration
III.WWWISIS Indexing and search performance
3. 3 Introduction WWWISIS is a system specially designed to act as server for ISIS data bases in Internet or Intranet World Wide Web client/server environment.
WWWISIS was developed, maintained and distributed by BIREME, the Latin America and Caribbean Center on Health Sciences Information. BIREME is a center of the Pan
Current version: 3.2c
4. 4 Introduction Purpose/target usage: WWWISIS is a program designed to serve as a Web-based CDS/ISIS server. It is a complete C library for CDS/ISIS that performs nearly all CDS/ISIS functions.
The WWWISIS software is freely available for several platforms.
5. 5 Features of WWWISIS WWWISIS operation is driven by parameters
Mandatory parameters are : Database name(db), Search expression(bool) and format specification for display(pft)
WWWISIS parameters can be generated dynamically
6. 6 Features of WWWISIS WWWISIS may be called directly or as command line inside a CGI script
CDS/ISIS searching, formating and field updating languages are supported
Search specifications can be gathered through forms, passed via CGI to WWWISIS and the results formatted and delivered to the client
7. 7 Features of WWWISIS WWWISIS: Technical Specifications
Server platforms supported
Web Server Software
Any Web server with CGI-BIN support
8. 8 Features of WWWISIS Technical support
BIREME hosts a discussion list on WWWISIS. To subscribe, access the following URL
Documentation on Web site
9. 9 Features of WWWISIS Main program modules:
WWWISIS Server for CDS/ISIS database.
'mx' utility for generating master file (.MST), used only on Linux system.
'ifload' utility for generating inverted file, used only on Linux system
10. 10 Features of WWWISIS WWWISIS: Indexing Interface
Multi-record file (e.g. bibliographic records in a file)
Supports files in ISO-2709 format
Stop words : Yes
Field level indexing : Yes
Database updation (merging) : Yes
Compression support : No
11. 11 Features of WWWISIS WWISIS: Search Interface
Supports Boolean operators (AND, OR and NOT)
Supports Proximity/Phrase searching
Supports field level searching
12. 12 Features of WWWISIS WWWISIS: Costs, license, registration, etc.
Official license may be purchased at a cost of US$ 150.00 and annual Maintenance fee at a cost of US$ 100.00. Acquiring an official license grants licensee a limited online assistance.
Registration for download and use is not required
13. 13 WWWISIS Indexing and Search Performance An existing CDS/ISIS database is used. No need to create any additional file
Response time (simple and complex queries)
14. 14 Installation (for Windows 95 OS) No Installation is required. Just need to copy WWWISIS executable file to cgi-bin dir.
A Web server software with CGI support should be running as a background process