Lab activities. Identifying a good isolated colony of the ?unknown".Record media of growthRecord the temperature of growthIf your culture grows in room temperature (RT) -continue the rest of you that way. . Streaking slants. Use an inoculating needle to pick up a chosen colony.Streak the same ?u
1. Introduction to Lab 10(Ex. 12) Stock and Working Cultures
2. Lab activities Identifying a good isolated colony of the “unknown”.
Record media of growth
Record the temperature of growth
If your culture grows in room temperature (RT) -continue the rest of you that way.
3. Streaking slants Use an inoculating needle to pick up a chosen colony.
Streak the same “unknown” colony for streaking both slants.
Streaking NA slants:
“Working” slant - for routine use
“Stock” slant – for backup
4. Incubate slants Leave the caps of slants slightly loosened- why?
Incubate slants at RT (unless your unknown did not grow at RT)
6. Colony description: Characteristics generally used to describe colony morphology Size
Odor (if present)
Composition (creamy, dry, mucoid)