Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be sold or licensed nor shared on other sites. SlideServe reserves the right to change this policy at anytime. While downloading, If for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Learning Strategy Training, Cooperative Learning, and Multiple Intelligences Prepared by Doris Shih
2. Outline for Today Learning strategy training
3. Learning Strategy Training (1) ?Good language learners are willing and accurate guessers who have a strong desire to communicate?.They attend to both the meaning and the form of their message. They also practice and monitor their own speech as well as the speech of others.? (p. 159, Larsen-Freeman).
4. Learning Strategy Training (2) Teacher build on students? prior knowledge & experience
Teacher teach and demonstrate learning strategies
Students do ?hands-on? practice
Students do self-assessment
Students transfer strategy to a different situation
5. Cooperative Learning (1) Students learn from each other in groups
Students think ?positive interdependence?
Groups are mixed in gender & race
Individuals help each other
Teacher teach students social skills
Students communicate in L2 to achieve language acquisition
6. Cooperative Learning (2) Students are tested individually
Students? responsibility are distributed
Teacher teach L2 & cooperation
Cooperative learning teaches language for academic & social purposes
7. Multiple Intelligences Howard Gardner?s theory
8. Activity Time Let?s work on Gardner?s MI test!
10. References Larsen-Freeman, D. (2000). Techniques and principles in language teaching. 2nd ed. Oxford, England: Oxford University Press.