DELIBERATIONS. From the Higher Education and FET Commission at SAMSA Skills Summit 2011. VISION To promote the delivery of a globally competitive teaching, learning and partnerships to respond to the South African Maritime Economy STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES
To promote the delivery of a globally competitive teaching, learning and partnerships to respond to the South African Maritime Economy
1. Which institutions will be able and are willing to embark on maritime skills development in a coherent way?
2. How can programmes be structured and aligned to accommodate all of the subsectors of the maritime sector as well as specializations; and how should the process of recurriculation in the sector be managed (in relation to progression and articulation)?
3. How can professional development in the sector be streamlined and skills upgraded?
4. How can we encourage research and research development in the sector in relation to funding support, partnerships to support maritime research and development and innovation programmes, areas for collaboration, and areas to promote economic growth?
5. How do we promote and accommodate the development of the maritime sector within the post-school system to ensure the engagement of relevant role players to share the same vision and strategic focus in a manner that improves progress and articulation with FET colleges and SETAs?