Technology for Educators. Presented by: ShaLee Baan Hofman and Desirae Surat June 11, 2012. Introductions Video: Education and the Future of Technology http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPO_HGafBsE. Advantages of Using Technology in the Classroom.
ShaLee Baan Hofman and Desirae Surat
June 11, 2012
Students’ computers are not working
Websites are blocked
Internet is down and/or slow
Students may not have internet and/or computer at home to finish their work
***Teacher note: Account- Settings- Notifications (top right) Check off of “Replies” and “Direct Messages” or you will get an email for every post from every student.
***Please use formal/proper writing…not “texting” writing, and obviously, no foul language or talking about subjects that are off topic, please and thank you
- Too much scrolling:
- No scrolling:
1. Go to http://edu.glogster.com
2. Click: “Choose your account level”:
3. Scroll down and click on “Sign up as a teacher”—(free 30 day trial)
4. Make sure when you have students sign up they are clicked on sign u p as a STUDENT and that they go to http://edu.glogster.com-- NOT www.glogster.com
4. If students have a school email have them use that and write down their username and password down in their planner or a document where they save all their passwords. (see student directions)