Corporate Environment and Social Responsibility (CESR) in Thailand MFC Asset Management plc. 20 June 2006. Tsunami Recovery Fund. The Effects of the Tsunami. Ranong Phang-nga Phuket Krabi Trang Satun Total of 53,203 people or 12,293 households. The Effects of the Tsunami. Social.
Total of 53,203 people
or 12,293 households
Affected 2,293 Household
Candidates Requesting Support
Companies will be evaluated in the following categories:
Once candidates have passed the legal and business criteria, they also will be evaluated on the following:
As of May 2006 , we have invested in 20 companies with the majority situated in Khao Lak , Phang-nga and Phuket Provinces
Total investment is 2,700 Million Baht
14 resorts in
4 resorts and 1 cultural
park in Phuket
1 resort in
3. Use SET Index as the benchmark
The Religious Advisory Board (Shariah Committee) is comprised of distinguished members of the Thai Muslim community who are knowledgeable about Islamic law and principles.
The Shariah Committee advises on the criteria in stock selection and on the donations to charity.
1. Mr.Aroon Boonchom 4. Mr.Thongkam Mahamad
2. Dr.Isma-ae Alee 5. Mr.Banchong Binkason
3. Mr.Sorakit Hasan 6. Mr.Noppadol Tehman
MFC has a policy to donate part of the management fee equal to 0.25% of net asset value to various charities.
In 2005, MFC donated a total of 85,000 Baht as follows:
1. April : Donated 50,000 Baht to “Charity for Orphans of the Tsunami”
2. July : Donated 35,000 Baht to “Khun Poomi Foundation” to help orphans and schools affected by the natural disaster in the South
In 2006, MFC has plans to donate a total of 620,000 Baht as follows:
1. To donate 570,000 Baht in scholarships to students in the three southern provinces of Yala, Naratiwas and
Pattani.A total of 90scholarships will be awarded.
2. To donate 50,000 Baht to renovate mosques that were damaged by terrorist acts in the South
Alcohol :No Investment
Tobacco :No Investment
Gambling :No Investment
Defense/Weapon :No Investment
Animal Testing :No Investment
Pornographic Related :No Investment
Environment :Invest Positively
Beneficial products and services :Invest Positively
Labor Relations :Invest Positively
Human Rights :Invest Positively
Employment/Equality :Invest Positively
Community Investment :Invest Positively