Junior/Parent College Planning Meeting Thursday, Feb. 7, 2008. Welcome to the College Selection Process. Introduction. Thanks for coming!. What the Seniors are doing now. What JUNIORS have done and will do this year.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Junior/Parent College Planning MeetingThursday, Feb. 7, 2008
Welcome to the College Selection Process
Thanks for coming!
Junior year is time for identifying specific colleges that match your abilities, talents, personality and family preferences. Have a list of 5–15 by the end of the year.
1. Investigating colleges is an unpleasant chore.
2. There is a PERFECT college for everyone.
3. I’ve never heard of this college, so it can’t be any good.
4. I heard that a student from another high school got into College X with lower GPA & test scores than mine. How can that be?
5. There is no way my family can afford an expensive college.
6. To find the right college, you must first decide on a major or career.
7. The most important factor in admissions is SAT/ACT test scores.
8. Go for the easy “A” in a less difficult class.
… to help families in the College Selection Process
College Selection Process Link
The Junior Year Timeline
# 2 Resource:
A GREAT tool to help you with the
Selection Process & the Application Process
COLLEGE FAMILY CONNECTION
1.Do a thorough COLLEGE SEARCH by preferences
2. Keep track of your COLLEGE LIST and APPLICATIONS
3. Compare your personal data with those of past CCP alumni who applied to colleges that are on your list
4. Quickly obtain data on any college in the country
And much, much, much, much more.
Stay tuned for future updates on this powerful tool!!!
Naviance FAMILY CONNECTION
“HOW TO” Access
2. The “PLAN” (Preliminary ACT Test)
N.B.No PLAN test is given in the JR. year
How are students prepared for these tests and how are the results utilized?
N.B. Colleges do NOT get these scores!!!
3. The SAT & ACT results utilized?
Recommendations & Sequence:
The SAT & ACT results utilized?
Recommended Sequence: (cont.)
A word about results utilized?
Types of Test Prep results utilized?
Who needs EXTRA Test Prep results utilized?
Meeting with college Reps results utilized?
(See Web Page)
A few results utilized?
Next School Year’s Course Registration Information results utilized?
1. Your past performance
2. Your ability
3. Your anticipated extra-curricular involvements
4. Possible College choices and major
College results utilized?
Consider Valuable Summer Opportunities results utilized?
Schedule a family conference. results utilized?
Call for an appointment.
Concluding Remarks before the Student & Parent Panel results utilized?
Now for a short break results utilized?
A STUDENT & PARENT
Don’t go away!!!
Will you results utilized? SURVIVE the College Process?
Get those college applications turned in! results utilized?
Thanks for coming! results utilized?