Unit3 Teenage problems Reading （ 1 ）. What’s your biggest problem?. Getting too many tests and exams. Not doing enough exercise Too noisy at home Having no close friends Parents are too busy. Not having enough sleep …. What will you do if you have any problems?. Go to friends
What’s your biggest problem?
Who will you ask for help?
a famous youth worker
plenty of homework
spare time for her hobby
What do you like doing in your spare time?你在闲暇时喜欢做什么？
She often doubts whether it is worth working so hard.
allow sb.to do sth.
=let sb. do sth.
be strict with sb
achieve a high mark
get a high mark
let sb. do sth
say that you will not do sth.
take sth. willingly
Answer the Qs
Listen to the text, tell if the following sentences are true or false. (T/F)
2. She stays up late to play volleyball.
3. Sometimes, she feels bad/stressed.
4. She has enough time for hobbies.
5. She doesn’t have enough time for homework.
6. She often argues with her parents
Millie has lots of h such as playing volleyball and . But she finds that she spends so much time doing her homework, and she can’t find any time f her hobbies. She can’t decide how to d with the problem. She wishes she can have some s .
Answer the Qs
Simon would likesome
a on his love of football. He is so c about football that he
s out late to play it. His parents are very s with him and they want him to come home earlier. Simon feels
s and angry from time to time. He asks Sigmund Friendto teach him how
to a a balance between his schoolwork and his hobbies.
playing volleyball and ping-pong
a lot of homework
Not enough time for hobbies or homework
Not enough time for hobbies
Parents are so strict
3 hours or more
Offer some suggestions
how to achieve a balance
Please say sth. about
your biggest problem：
My biggest problem:
How I feel about it:
Ask for some suggestions:
7. However, my love of football has become a big problem now. We like staying out late to play football.
8. My parents do not allow me to play outside.
9. I really do not under stand why they are so strict. I feel stressed and angry form time to time.
10. I wish I could have my parents’ suport.