Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be sold or licensed nor shared on other sites. SlideServe reserves the right to change this policy at anytime. While downloading, If for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Billing and Charges for CRRT Andree V. Gardner
Pediatric Nephrology, Dialysis and Transplantation
DeVos Children?s Hospital
Grand Rapids, MI
PCRRT ~ June 26, 2004
2. Types of Charges Physician (Current Procedural Terminology)
Facility (Charge Description Master)
Support Staff Time
Capturing both is the key!
3. Physician ~ Intensivist CPT?s
More than 25 to choose from
Common CPT?s are:
99221-99223, 99231-99233, 99238-99239, 99251-99255, 99356-99357, 99261-99263, 99291-99297
*A detailed list will be available at www.pcrrt.com
Current Procedural Terminology = CPTCurrent Procedural Terminology = CPT
4. Physician ~ Nephrologist CPT?s 90945 Single Evaluation of hemofiltration or other continuous renal replacement therapies
90947 Multiple Evaluation of hemofiltration or other continuous renal replacement therapies.
5. Physician Billing Tool Billing Cards
Able to customize for each division
Size of a shirt or coat pocket
With the CPT Codes and abbreviated description
Patient Name, Date of Visit and Diagnosis Boxes
Example will be at www.pcrrt.com
6. Facility Billing Factors
Support Staff Time
Equipment Maintenance & Depreciation
Average time for machine set-up and initiation of therapy
Straight time or overtime
Daily Bed Fees
8. Support Staff Time Clerical & Stock-keeper
What do these people contribute to the facility charge? Small tasks that add up to dollars that drive the cost per treatment!
Process physician and pharmacy orders
Order & Maintain stock
9. Supplies Filters
Or sets with both items
What else do you use?
Account for all the items that cost you $$$$$$$$$$$$$
10. Facility Billing (Charge Description Master)
Create CDM?s to reflect your facilities' billing protocols
In those CDM?s capture what you are really using in your treatments
Be sure the billing office is using the proper revenue codes
11. Facility Billing Line Item Billing Example
12345 CRRT Set-Up
56789 CRRT Filter
09876 CRRT Lines
Bundled Billing Example
49546 Initiation of CRRT
12. Facility Billing Either method works as long as you are diligent in determining your costs on an annual basis
And what ever you do??????.
13. DO NOT Throw away YOUR revenue!