First Aid. ?. First Aid. First aid is a __________form of _____ given to someone who suddenly _______ or ___________ before a doctor can be found. Often the ______ or ______ is not_______, but there are other times when giving first aid quickly can save lives. temporary. help. falls ill.
First aidis a __________form of _____ given to someone who suddenly _______ or ___________ before a doctor can be found. Often the ______ or ______ is not_______, but there are othertimes when giving first aid quickly can save lives .
In a medical emergency in China, what
telephone number would you call?
A. 110 B. 114 C. 119D. 120
Which organization has a close relationship with First aid?
A. World Health Organization
B. Red Cross Organization
C. World Youth Organization
D. World Trade Organization
Which person would you help first?
A. Li Yan who has cut her foot on glass
B. Xue Jin who has a bloody nose
C. Gao Yuan who is on the ground not
D. Wang Feng who has broken her arm
When you are carrying out rescue
breathing, where do you check for
A. the neck
B. the wrist
C. the foot
D. the chest
When carrying out rescue breathing,
how many times a minute should you
blow air into the victim’s mouth?
A. 4 B. 8 C. 15 D. 20
How would you stop severe bleeding?
A. cover the wound with plastic
B. wash the wound
C. do nothing as the
bleeding will stop
D. put a bandage over
the wound and then
press on it
A friend is choking on a piece of food and is coughing badly. What should you do?
B. have her lie down and rest
C. carry out rescue breathing
D. slap her four or five times
on her back
You would slap her between the shoulder blades(肩胛) if she couldn’t cough or speak.
If a friend has a nosebleed, what
should she do?
A. pinch her nose and jump up and down
B. lie down and pinch her nose
C. sit down and bend her head forward
and pinch her nose
D. sit down and bend her
head backward and
pinch her nose
What items should be put in a first aid kit? (more than one answer)
B. ice pack
C. medical cotton
D. medical alcohol
A B C D E
Tips for first aid:
1) First aid should be given timely!
2) First aid should be given properly!
General description of first aid
In which order are these topics covered in the text? Number them from 1 to 5.(P35)
____ the three types of burns
____ what to do if someone gets burned
____ the functions of skin
____ the symptoms of burns
____ how we get burns
1.the functions of the skin
and the sun’s harmful _______ .
4. Your skin keeps you ______ or ______.
5. It prevents your body from ______ ______ _______ ________.
6. It gives you your sense of _____ .
The functions of our skin are very __________.
2.how we get burns
Causes of burns:
________ _______ ________ _______ ______ ________ and ________
a variety of things
3.the types of burns
Burns are divided into three degrees according
A. the degree of pain
B. the causes of burns
C. the layer of the skin that is burned
D. the color of the skin
4. the symptoms of burns
______ under them often can be seen.
little or no pain
Types of burns
First aid treatment step by step
Mary’s left foot gets a second degree burn with her trousers on.
Is the first aid given properly ?
Read the first aid treatments for these burns. If the treatment is right, writes R in the brackets. If it is wrong, write W in the brackets and explain why. Then give the correct treatment.
1. Sam knocked over a kettle full of boiling water onto his legs. His legs became red, swollen and covered with blisters. Sam broke the blisters and poured icy water from the fridge onto the skin. ( )
2. While ironing clothes, Miss Good accidentally touched the iron. Her wrist blistered and became watery. It hurt a lot. She put her wrist under the cold water tap and then kept placing cool, clean, damp cloths on it until it was less painful. Then she went to see the doctor. ( )
3 . Mrs Casey’s sleeve caught fire while she was cooking. Her arm looked terrible but it didn’t hurt. The skin was charred. Her husband took off her blouse and picked offbits of the blouse stuck to the burn. He then placed butter on the burn and covered it with a wet bandage. ( )
4 . After an hour in the sun, Lily noticed her arms were red and hurt a bit. She went home and put them under cool running water. ( )
First Aid for Burns
hot liquids, steam, fire, radiation, the sun, electricity chemicals
First degree burns
dry, red ,swollen
rough, red, swollen, blisters, watery surface
black and white and charred, swollen,
1. remove clothing; 2. cool burns with cool water; (don’t put cold water on third degree burns) 3. first’—place cool, clean, wet cloths on them; second’—keep cloths cool…
first aid treatment
1.Take clothing off the burned area
1.Do not put cold water on third degree burns
2.Place burns under gently running water for about 10 minutes
3.Place cool, clean, wet cloths on the first burns
2.Do not rub the burned area.
4. For second degree burns ,keep cloths cool by putting them back in the cold water; squeezing them out and placing them on the burned area over and over again for about an hour until the pain is not so bad.
3.Never put butter, oil or ointments on burns
5.Keep them higher than the heart if burns are on arms or legs