PART 1 : Your younger sibling or relative asks you “How do I get my drivers license?”. How do you respond? Make sure you give at least 4 steps. PART 2 : Pick 2 signs and tell me what they mean. A B C D E F . Journal #2. 9/11/201 4. Module 1.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
PART 1: Your younger sibling or relative asks you “How do I get my drivers license?”. How do you respond? Make sure you give at least 4 steps.
PART 2: Pick 2 signs and tell me what they mean.
A B C D E F
~Your License to drive~
~Organ & tissue donation~
~Right of way concepts~
1. Learner’s permit applicants younger than 19 years of age need1form of identification.
2. Items you can use to verify your social security number:
Social security card
Tax return, W2 or 1099
3. If you are younger than 19 years of age, your parents can verify your Virginia residency.
4. In order to get a learner’s permit in Virginia, you must be at least 15 years and 6months old.
5. Tests for a learner’s permit include the following: Sign, Knowledge & Vision.
6. If you fail either part of the learner’s permit test, you must wait 15 days before you can retake the test.
7. A learners permit allows you to practice driving with a license driver at least21 years old or with an immediate family member who is 18.
8. When driving with a learner’s permit, you can have 1 non-family passenger(s) younger than 18 years old in your vehicle
9. To get a 180 TDL (Temporary Drivers License), you must be at least 16 years and 3 months old and, if less than 19 years of age, have held a learners permit for 9 months.
10. If you are younger than 19 years old must complete a drivers educationcourse before getting a license.
11. If younger than 18, your parents must certify you have driven at least 45 hours, 15 of which must be driven after sunset.
12. If younger than 18 with a license or permit, your curfew is from midnight to 4am
14. If you are 16 or 17 years of age when you receive your driver’s license, it will expire on your birthday when you turn 20 years old. After that, the drivers license must be renewed every8years.
Parents for Safe Teen Driving Night
Pass Drivers Education (Receive DEC-1 Card)
Take Behind the Wheel for 7 Days (Pass Road Test)
Parents for Safe
Teen Driving Night
15 years & 6
Pass The 3
Test at DMV
45 Hour Log
15. Three types of restrictions that can be placed on a driver’s license:
16. DMV or Judge can temporarily suspend your license if you violate the law.
17. Termination of your driving privilege is called revocation.
18. Refuse to take breath test? That violates the implied consent law,
which will result in a immediate suspension for a minimum of 7 days.
Punishment is the same if you blow an illegal BAC
(Blood Alcohol Concentration).
19. 5 other reasons you can temporarily or permanently lose your drivers license:
.02 BAC if less than 21 years old.
Virginia Demerit Point Information: http://www.dmv.state.va.us/drivers/#points_assess.asp
20. To operate a motorcycle, you must have a drivers license with a class M endorsement or a motorcycle only license
21. If you want to drive a large truck or a van designed for more than 15 passengers, you must have a CDL (Commercial Drivers License) endorsement.
Timmy is a 16 and 4 months old. He did not pay attention in Mr. Markosky’s
class. This is his story:
February 2014: Timmy was pulled over for not wearing a seatbelt.
What is his punishment?
March 2014: Timmy was pulled over for running a stop light. What is his is punishment now?
June 2014: Timmy was pulled over for texting and driving. What is his punishment?
REMINDER: If you get a 6 point violation (DUI, Don’t Pay for Gas, etc…) before you turn 18, it will result in you losing your license for a year or until you turn 18 (which ever is longer). The Judge has the authority to increase that punishment.
Don’t feel like going to school? Did you know that if you are less than 18 years old and have 10 or more absences, a judge has the right to suspend your license till you get your act together.
22. If you are younger than 21 years old, and drive with a BAC of at least.02, you can be fined and lose your driving privilege under the zero tolerance law.
23. You need liability insurance to be in compliance with Virginia’s financial responsibility law (or you can pay the $500 uninsured motorist fee).
The earliest date you will be able to obtain a learner’s permit is…?
The earliest date you will be able to obtain a 180-TDL is…?
a. People must face their own mortality
b. Lack of knowledge
4. You can designate your desire to be an organ and tissue donor on your learner’s permit/drivers license.
5. List 5 organs that can now be successfully transplanted:
6. Brain Dead: The complete and irreversible end of all functions of the brain and brain stem.
~True or False Questions~
LIVER PANCREAS HEART LUNGS KIDNEY
Questions 2 - 6
1. 24900-24998 Loudoun County Pkwy, Chantilly, VA 20152
2. Lee Jackson Memorial Hwy & U.S. 50 & Sully Rd, Chantilly, VA 20151