New policy and tool for e-mail and protected information.. The Office of Enterprise Technology has instituted a new policy for transmitting protected information through e-mail.OET now provides a tool for encrypting e-mail. However, the e-mail must be initiated by state staff.. DHS will use encryp
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. An introduction to the States E-mail Encryption Service State of Minnesota
Office of Enterprise Technology
Department of Human Services
2. New policy and tool for e-mail and protected information. The Office of Enterprise Technology has instituted a new policy for transmitting protected information through e-mail.
OET now provides a tool for encrypting e-mail. However, the e-mail must be initiated by state staff.
3. DHS will use encryption State policy now forbids protected information to be sent outbound by the state without encryption.
The state solution requires encryption be initiated by state staff. County workers desiring to send protected information to state recipients should first request a secure e-mail trail.
4. Counties should use the States Encryption Solution Under HIPAA and the Business Agreement that DHS has with county agencies, any protected information transmitted to DHS must be secured.
While many counties also provide encryption capabilities, DHS requires its staff to use the DHS solution for receiving protected information.
5. County user experience
When the state initiates a secure or encrypted e-mail thread, the county user will see the following:
16. Beginning the Secure e-mail thread
If someone from outside DHS wants to send secured or encrypted information to DHS
The sender must request that the intended DHS staff recipient initiate the e-mail thread.
Once a secured e-mail has been received, the sender outside DHS can include or attach protected information and it will be secure.
18. OR The DHS Systems Management Center
[email protected] 651.431.3000