We’re proud to announce that National Association of Social Workers, Oklahoma Chapter is collaborating with Army OneSource, a community outreach program supported by the U.S. Army, to raise awareness of the unique challenges of Military life on our Service Members and their Families, and address the growing demand for behavioral health services. Our formal campaign will be launched at our upcoming 35th Annual State Conference.
- For those of you attending the conference, stop by the campaign booth to pick up information on this growing public health issue and sign up to participate. The campaign is offering a series of online courses—at no charge--to help primary care physicians, case workers, mental health providers, and other professionals - who may see a veteran or family member on an unrelated issue - develop a better understanding of the culture in which Veterans and their Families live and work. These courses also provide best practices for identifying, assessing, and treating mental health problems that result from the trauma of war.
- In addition to helping support our mission, those who complete the course will:
- receive a poster to display in their offices inviting Service Members and their
- Families to talk to a health professional about any troubling symptoms,
- receive a Certificate of Completion suitable for framing
- Remember to drop by the booth for additional information on the campaign. If you would like to learn more about the needs of our Service Members and their Families right now, feel free to click on the links below.
- Link to Fact Sheet on organization website
- Link to Military Personnel Profile on organization website
- Course Demo: http://aheconnect.s3.amazonaws.com/citizendemo/player.html
- Our Service Members answered the call.
- Now let’s help them and their Families…
- LIVE THE LIVES THEY DESERVE!
Course provided by
Citizen Soldier Support Program