Beowulf. Day 5. Standards. Objectives. Students will be able to… compare and contrast identify and utilize read and respond analyze describe and predict.
Students will be able to…
compare and contrast
identify and utilize
read and respond
describe and predict
41. What characteristics do the dragon, on page 54, and Grendel have in common?
42. What characteristics do the dragon and Grendel have that are different?
43. What does Beowulf’s speech in lines 630-649 suggest to you about Anglo-Saxon values?
44. How does Beowulf plan to fight the dragon?
45. What do lines 717-740 reveal about the values of warrior culture?
46. According to Wiglaf, what is Beowulf’s relationship with his followers like?
47. What does Wiglaf’s decision suggest about the way in which a legendary hero can inspire heroism in others?
48. How do Beowulf’s companions react when the dragon breathes fire on him?
49. How does the battle end?
50. What does Beowulf ask Wiglaf to do?