ESL READING Unit 10 The Meaning of Numbers. Numbers and Beliefs Reading pp. 92-93. Common Western Superstitions. Vocabulary Skill. The Prefix Dis - Means not . Comes at the beginning of a noun, verb, adjective, or adverb to make the word negative. . Your Turn!.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
ESL READINGUnit 10The Meaning of Numbers
The Prefix Dis-
Use one of the following words with the prefix Dis- to complete the sentence.
2. Living in poverty puts one at a ___________.
3. The students did not want to _________ their teacher.
4. Kate had to ________her computer before she could fix it.
1. Are people in Korea superstitious? Why?
2. Make a list of days, animals, or actions that are considered to be lucky or unlucky. Why?
3. Do you believe the superstitions you listed?