Work Without Fear Legal Briefing: Advancing Workers’ Rights Through Executive Action. August 26, 2014 AFL-CIO. Background. 2009 : Immigration for Shared Prosperity: Labor Movement’s Principles for Immigration Reform 2012-June 2013 : Senate Bill 744
Work Without Fear Legal Briefing:Advancing Workers’ Rights Through Executive Action
August 26, 2014
(1) No employment requirements for eligibility.
(2) Protections against firings, demotions, or other adverse job actions against newly work-authorized individuals.
(3) Encourage employers to cooperate in providing documents needed by employees to prove presence.
(1) Deferred action for individuals engaged in protected activity.
(2) Revised internal agency guidance on non-interference in labor disputes.
(3) Protect worker rights during I-9 audits.
(4) Take steps to strengthen the U visa program.