THE EXECUTIVE BRANCH. Article II. http:// www.valpo.edu/library/govdocs/pics/presseal.gif. Who is in the Executive Branch? What does the Executive Branch do? Who is the most important official? What is the role of the President?.
*What is the President’s salary? Vice President?
SCENARIO GROUP WORK
1. It is generally agreed that the Commander in Chief role gives the President power to repel attacks against the United States and makes him responsible for leading the armed forces.
2. Requires the President to furnish such other information as Congress may request to fulfill its responsibilities relating to committing the nation to war.
3. Notify Congress within 48 hours of committing armed forces to military action
4. Congress shall have the power to make all laws necessary and proper for carrying into execution, not only its own powers but also all other powers vested by the Constitution in the Government of the United States...."
5. The policy that the powers of the President as Commander in Chief are to introduce U.S. armed forces into situations of hostilities or imminent hostilities "are exercised only consequently/following to --
(1) a declaration of war,
(2) specific statutory authorization, or
(3) a national emergency created by attack upon the United States, its territories or possessions, or its armed forces."
** Let’s play a game! See if you know the Department of….
Education Arne Duncan
Department of __________ enforces laws in federal courts, and conducts investigations and suits concerning monopolies, anti-trust laws, and organized crime.
Housing and Urban Development
Ray H. LaHood
Department of _________ oversees health matters while overseeing the Food & Drug Administration, Social Security, and the Public Health Service.
Health and Human Services
2. Electoral College Video
3. Explain: Should we keep the Electoral College Options
4. Share your classified ads