Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
Unit 2 Housekeeping Topic 5 Laundry service (2 periods). ▲ Learning procedures. 1. Background information introduction 2. Discussion & presentation 3. Listening activities 4. Notes 5. In- class exercises 6. Further development activities 7. Assignment. ▲ Learning objectives.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Students are required to get familiar with the laundry service and common laundry complaints.
2. Students are required to know how to deal with guests’ complaints and offer a quality service.
1.Teachetr’s introduction to the laundry service.
1) Laundryman comes to the guest room to collects laundry.
2) Guest fill in the laundry list.
3) After laundry, clothes will be delivered to the guest room.
2. Laundry service types.
1) Same-day service (collected by 11:00; returned on the same day.)
2) Express service (collected all day and returned within four hours; with 50% extra-charge)
3) Next day service (collected after 11:00; delivered before 19:00 next day.
4) Express pressing service (collected all day and returned within 1 hour.)
A laundry-damaged coat A laundry worker is working
1. Listen to the tape twice and answer the following questions.
H: Housekeeping. May I help you?
G: Yes, the maid misdeliverd the laundry.
H: I am sorry, sir. We will check it right away. Would you mind telling me your room number please?
G: Room 802.
H: I will have some one go to your room. Please wait a moment.
(Two minutes later, there is a knock on the door of Room 802.)
H:. May I come in, please?
G: Housekeeping Come in.
H: Good afternoon. I’ve brought your laundry. Is this yours, sir?
G: Yes, it is. Please put it on the bed.
H: Certainly,sir. May I have the misdelivered laundry items, please?
G: Sure, I’ll get them for you.
H: Thank you, ma’am. I apologize to you for our carelessness.
G: That’ s all right.
1) Good morning, Laundry Department. Can I help you?
2) My sweater has shrunk.
3) The collar is a bit scorched.
4) Will you please fill in this laundry form?
5) I’ll send some one to pick up your laundry, sir.
6) Sorry, ma’am, we can’t launder embroidered items. And we cannot be responsible for any damage.
2. Laundry service
washing 水洗 dry-cleaning, 干洗
ironing烫 mending 缝补
hand-washing 手洗 sew on a button 钉扣子
1. Act out with your partner the given situation.
G: You are a guest . You are calling about your laundry, which was collected 5 days ago.
C: You are a hotel clerk in the Housekeeping department.
Receive G and work out a satisfying resolution.